April 20, 2019

Lens review: Beaucon Vibrant Match Violet

Yo pups!

I'll bring forth the next review and today it's the Beaucon Vibrant Match Violet, a super bright and medium dark violet that's hella awesome in its own right!

Let's roll out this review!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.0 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


I've reviewed a few other Vibrant Match lenses in the past and these are just like the others – small, sorta realistic print and really packs a punch in color! Because of their design and size I do think that these lenses are surprisingly versatile, for cosplay they're definitely suitable but I wouldn't write them off for more casual looks either – assuming that you want a super vibrant lens.

Okay so, the enlargement effect is minimal but it's there, the color is a darker violet than what you usually run across and it's pretty and captivating as hell. Thanks to the small size these lenses actually have a small pupil hole too, which makes your eye color show through notably less in the center.

One lens in.
My natural eye color is a light blue gray and the color coverage is stellar, there's nothing to complain about. The design, despite the unnatural color, is fairly realistic as well.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during an April morning with a clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Bathroom light.
Poor natural room light, facing a (dark) corridor.
Flash photo.
Facing a window. (not sun side)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun.
I'm a bit torn when it comes to comfort, on one hand there's nothing really wrong with these – they're thin and comfortable and overall all fine to wear. Except for one thing. Remember that I mentioned that the pupil hole is smaller on these than on the average circle lens? Yes, I can't be 100% certain but the same moment I put these lenses on I noticed that my vision was constantly blurred. Like so blurred that it felt like I was in a perpetual haze – and if I looked at a window there was this massive glow around the window, as if light leaked out and Jesus was about to show up or something, lol. It was surreal and disorientating. As soon as I took one lens out the blur effect instantly vanished from the lensless eye, so it must have been the lens. Now it's probably worth mentioning that I nowaday have glasses that I wear daily but even so my sight is never blurred to that degree so it was the lens for sure, but I can't recall other Vibrant Match lenses blurring my vision like these did so either I got a Monday example or the (not so long) past expiry date did something. Yeah I know, shouldn't wear expired lenses but I immediately threw these out after taking the photos.

This is a good lens for all of those who want a really strong, bold color but doesn't want big lenses. There's few colorful small circle lenses in the market that have enough vibrancy to work for cosplay and the Beaucon Vibrant Match series work for that. I feel that for cosplay lenses in particular that it's important for the color to be opaque and vivid so that it shows up from distances as well, especially on photos.

Distance photo~


Psst, you interested in seeing other colors of the Vibrant Match series?
Check out these reviews: Blue, Green, Brown
 
Short summary:

Color: 8/10 
Super nice violet that is on the dark side. Join the dark side, we have cookies.
Design: 7/10 
Fairly realistic design and size, if we only ignore the color itself.
Opacity: 8/10
Color coverage is really good, great for cosplay and j-fashion.
Enlargement: 2/10 
Really small, a good choice for those who don't want or can't wear big lenses.
Comfort: 5/10 
Thin and comfy, estimated wearing time 2-4 hours on super dry eyes. Blurs my vision a lot, to the point I feel like I'm in a constant haze or that I'm high on something lol..
Naturalness: 5/10 
The color is obviously not natural but otherwise these would kinda work. Kinda.

Thanks for reading my circle lens reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!