January 12, 2013

Närcon Vinter 2013 cosplay plans changed!

Late yesterday I started thinking about my Närcon Vinter cosplay plans, especially after talking with one of my friends on Skype (same one who gave me the sakabatou) and trying to figure out if the blue kimono Kenshin is just an alternate color version or in fact Battousai. I'm getting really confused (maybe partly because I haven't finished the series yet) and my friend insisted more or less on that Kenshin only wears blue kimono when Hitokiri Battousai. The few seemingly non-Battousai Kenshin pictures I've seen in which he has a blue kimono and the sakabatou he seems to have white hakama.. which is a problem for me because while I do have white hakama they are too long (I measured wrong back in the days) so I plan to sell them and buy shorter ones as replacement. *cough* if anyone is interested in white unworn budo hakama drop me a mail, we can discuss price! I had thought about using my light gray hakama for Kenshin but that together with a dark blue kimono just seems to be what Battousai wears. Not like I would mind cosplaying Battousai sooooo ~

So here comes the new cosplay plans for Närcon Vinter:


Friday
Series: Rurouni Kenshin
Character: Kenshin Himura (Hitokiri Battousai)

Yup, it will be Battousai for now. Of course I will do the pacifist Kenshin too later this year! Now I get more time to try and figure out how to fix that sakabatou and get myself a new white hakama.. and maybe a purple/red/cerise/pink/whatever kimono... xD Oh, also I just ordered a red-brown ponytail wig for Battousai because he always seem to have his hair tied high while Kenshin has his hair in a low ponytail.. also I can't find any official pictures with Battousai with manga color Kenshin hair.. aka the brighter orange wig I have. So yup, Battousai is gonna have a different wig. Also I think I will do Battousai with just a single scar cut on his cheek.. on recommendations of my more Kenshin knowledgeable friend.


Saturday
Series: Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan
Character: Toshizo Hijikata


Hijikata of course stays the same because it's a group cosplay and also because I can use the same hakama and swords for Battousai. Yay less cosplay stuff to drag with me ~

Also now that I have the train tickets I know that I can stay on Sunday and go to the con; I have an evening train back home. This means I can do a Sunday cosplay! :D But because Sunday is a short con day I don't feel like putting on anything that takes a long time.. so I thought about doing some new cosplay I already had the wig and clothing for (read: kimono. My everyday clothes are mostly just black t-shirts with dragon/tiger/metal band/whatever prints lol) ... and then I thought "what kind of cosplays are of the kind that you can decide for yourself what it should look like?" and the answer was pretty obvious - gijinka. And me, being a long-time Pokémon fan it was clear as day that a Pokémon gijinka was the choice.

Sunday
Series: Pokémon
Character: Espeon

Why Espeon? Because I've always loved all the Eeveelutions and Espeon is a simple and kind of elegant Pokémon... so imagining a humanized (male) version in kimono makes sense to me. Also I've had a purple wig, for maybe a year or so now, that I bought just because I got it for barely even half the original price. Back then I had no idea what character to actually use it for but now I figured it's pretty much a perfect color for Espeon! I just need to make the ears and the red gem on its forehead.

That's it for now. I hope people don't mind too much that I suddenly changed plans to Battousai instead. I promise I will do gentle-and-does-not-kill Kenshin this year too! I like Kenshin so much as a character that there is no doubt I want to cosplay both sides of him!

8 comments:

  1. Your new cosplay line-up for Närcon Vinter looks great! Best wishes in getting things together in the time before the con. You will be the sexiest Battousai evar~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Luckily there's not so much to fix. ^^
      ahjdhsj;dhgjs oh stop it you ~ xD

      Delete
  2. You're welcome! That's great then. ^^ Oh you love it ~ *bows to your irresistible sexiness* ;3

    ReplyDelete
  3. are u coming to Kemis kitacon ? I will be there battousai ;)) and i agree the above one, sexy battousai :33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I am not coming this year because Närcon Vinter is during the same weekend. I would have come had it been on a different date.

      Hehe thank you. XD

      Delete
  4. no harmi:D oon sitte ainoa battousai (=
    oon muute tyttö, haittaakse XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joskus toiste ehkä? :) Käyn luultavasti tulevissa Kemin mangapäivissä ja Oulun Animeseminaarissa.. milloin lie ne on tänä vuonna. (asun pohjoisessa)

      Tottakai ei haittaa!

      Delete
    2. juu mieki varmaan käyn niillä kemin mangapäivillä millon lie ne nyt onkaan...
      juu mieki tääl pohjosessa asun (:

      Delete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!