April 18, 2019

Lens review: Princess Pinky Eclipse Green

Hello folks!

A short break and now I'll get back to pouring out more reviews! Today I thought I'd show you all the Princess Pinky Eclipse Green circle lenses, a really big and cute design that features a lovely 'halo effect'. Let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 38%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


This is a really big, really dolly lens with an unique design and a pastel green color. It's super adorable and there's not really any other lenses quite like the Princess Pinky Eclipses out there, except for the I.Fairy Moonlite series which has the same design but a lot brighter and more opaque colors.

One of the first things I always do before wearing any new lenses is to put them to soak overnight in multipurpose lens solution that I buy from the local pharmacy, I don't recommend wearing lenses directly out of the little glass bottles. Just don't do it.

One lens in.
The color is a really soft, diluted green. It makes me think of a misty meadow or something calming like that, it's honestly a pretty color despite my initial reaction of "grandma curtain green", lol. There's a really big size increase and because of the transparency of the colored areas you can actually see on the lens where it passes past your natural iris and onto the whites, which creates the halo effect that I mentioned above; it's extremely pretty in the right light conditions!

My natural eye color is a blue gray and because these lenses have a big, completely open pupil hole (like almost all enlarging circle lenses do) then a lot of my real eye color is visible in the center. There's no real effort to blend these as the color starts pretty abruptly and honestly, the random small black dots that line the pupil opening just makes the inner edges of the lens all the more obvious – it's like "HEY JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T SEE IT ALREADY THE LENS STARTS HERE", on light eyes at least. But honestly, who the fuck buys these lenses and expects them to look natural? :D This is definitely more of a fashion lens than something daily and discreet. 

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during an April morning with a clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Bathroom light.
Shitty natural light indoors, facing a corridor.
Flash photo.
Facing window, not sun side.
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun.
These lenses are generally comfy, although I can tell that I'm wearing lenses as they are not quite invisible to wear. It's honestly pretty much a non-issue though as it's really slight but I did wonder if they were not a tiny teeny bit thicker than other lenses that I've worn lately? Again, no big deal. I'm pretty much nitpicking to be honest, lmao.  But honestly, based on my impressions I do estimate that I could wear these for the average-ish 3-4 hours and yes, it might not sound like much but bear in mind that I have ridiculously dry eyes, which means that anything past 2 hours is already good for me.

It's a really cute, youthful lens with a touch of something alluring and captivating. It's not realistic but that's not the point either and I immediately think of j-fashion when I see these lenses: decora, lolita, pastel goth and such. It wouldn't be a dumb choice for cosplay either, especially if you need this kind of super light green (that doesn't blend and disappear into your eyes as light green lenses tend to do) as it's pretty hard to find. So yeah, if you want lenses that trample ever so slightly into the magical territory then consider getting these!

Distance photo!


Want to see more Eclipse colors?
Check these out: Pink, Violet

Short summary:

Color: 7/10
Calming, very light green. Diluted color, in a good way. Shows up as green despite the lightness and transparency.

Design: 7/10
Simple, super adorable print. A dotted inner ring, a single color and a thin black limbal ring.
Opacity: 6/10
Surprised by how well the green shows up despite being so light. Transparency provides beautiful halo effect!
Enlargement: 8/10
Really big and eye-catching.
Comfort: 6/10 
I can feel them slightly, maybe a bit thicker than other lenses I've worn lately but honestly it's no big deal at all. Generally comfortable, estimated 3-4 hours on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
These are not meant to resemble a natural eye. At all.


Thanks for reading, more reviews are on the way!
Shiro Samurai is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!