March 31, 2019

Lens review: ICK Garnet Violet

Hi there pretty~

Yeah I know, suddenly a massive surge of lens reviews. Well at least I'm catching up. xD Today the spotlight shines on the ICK Garnet Violet, a cosplay friendly lens I'd say.

Let's do this!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 42%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


The lens design doesn't stand out as impressive and all that unique when you look at it in the vials but I swear that once you wear them some kind of bishounen magic happens, lol. There's something with the color and the way the lens is designed that makes them look really deep and luscious.

The size is generous and so is the color coverage. There's no doubt that the violet will show up and it totally delivers! It's a beautiful shade, not light but not really dark either. The somewhat streaky pattern makes the lenses look intense and full of life. I'm really liking these.

One lens in.
The color intensity is cosplay material but it can be so much more than just that. I see a versatile lens that can spice up most fashion styles willing to tackle something as bold and unusual as vividly violet eyes. These won't fly at the office but anyone who wants to look personal, bold and pull the gazes in would likely enjoy the Garnet series. The dark limbal ring further intensifies the strong hold that these lenses have in capturing a viewer's gaze and pulling it in into this mesmerizing pit.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a March noon with a mostly cloudy sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light.
Bathroom light.
Poor natural light indoors. (in a corridor)
Flash photo.
Facing window. (not sun side)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the direction of the sun while being under a shadow.
Facing the sun while it's hidden by a veil of clouds.
I swear it was sunny and the moment I go out the sun was like haha nope, fuck you.
Comfort appears to be fine, these lenses are thin and pretty much invisible to wear. I don't generally notice that I'm wearing these lenses except for that perhaps I had a moment when they felt a bit dryish? I can only base my comfort grade on the first impressions I had while taking these photos (lenses had expired so I threw them as soon as I was done, sadly) and they seemed better than average. There is a risk that they might start to dry quickly but that can very likely be because of my own dry-ass eyes. 4-5 hours I'd estimate wearing time at, which is solid in my book.

Honestly, get these for cosplaying pretty boys and girls and for whatever colorful fashion styles you rock. These will make anything level up to the next level!

Distance photo!


Wanna see Garnet lenses in more colors?
I got you covered: Green, Red
 
Short summary:

Color: 7/10
Wonderful and eye-catching violet that's alluring to watch.
Design: 7/10
Doesn't look amazing on first glance but pop them in and bam, magic happens!
Opacity: 7/10
The coverage is what it should be. I have no complaints.
Enlargement: 8/10
I read these as big and doll-like. Might not be for everyone because of the sheer size though.
Comfort: 7/10
Seems great. Thin and I don't feel them, except that they miiiiight dry a bit faster on at least my naturally super dry eyes. Nothing to worry about. I'd say 4-5 hours, add at least 2 more if you have normal eyes.
Naturalness: 3/10
No. But why would you want these if you were looking for natural lenses anyway?

Thank you so much for the support over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!