March 30, 2019

Lens review: Princess Pinky Eclipse Violet

Hello swagsters!

It's me and yeah, guess what's up for today? The title says it all, it's a review for the Princess Pinky Eclipse Violet circle lenses!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 38%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


This is a lens with a quite unique design – the only other lenses that I know of with the same pattern is the I.Fairy Moonlite series but those have super opaque and vibrant colors and came after the Princess Pinky Eclipse as far as I know, meaning that the Eclipse series is the "original one" I guess.

The Eclipse Violets are huge and have a light pastel violet color that seems quite translucent. There's a lot of small black dots surrounding the inner edges, not sure what for but I guess to create a more surreal, cute look or something? Or maybe to define the eyes, who knows.

One lens in.
One of the first things I noticed was the so-called 'halo effect' that is super noticeable with these. It looks amazing and in the right light conditions it really takes your breath away! That's one of the bonuses with big lenses that keep just the right amount of transparency.

These go pretty well with my natural eye color, which is a light blue-gray. Despite violet being an unnatural color it doesn't come across to me as too 'clashing', which is kinda funny and surprising when you look at how abruptly the colored area of the lens ends – there's no fading out to make the transition from lens to eye softer. And still it doesn't look instantly crazy. I actually think that the look is soothing somehow, despite being dolly and magical.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a March morning with a semi-clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.
 
Natural apartment room light.
Yellow apartment room light.
Bathroom light.
Poor natural indoor room light. (in a corridor, facing a distant window)
Flash photo.
Facing window. (not sun side)
Outdoors, with my back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the direction of the sun while it's blocked from my view.
Outdoors, facing the sun directly.
I can't possibly deny that it's a super cute and alluring lens and that it would be great for many kinds of j-fashion styles, pastel looks like dekora and such. It would hold up to cosplay too, depending of course on what kind of lens you need but if light, almost angelic-looking big eyes suit the character then why not? 

Comfort based on first impressions left a little something to be desired, they're not bad but I could feel that I was wearing lenses (I have really sensitive and dry eyes) and, for some reason, one of the lenses made my eye extremely teary upon insertion and it stung and itched for some minutes until it eventually passed. The other lens was completely fine so I don't know, either dirt or a defect. But if we ignore that thing then they are wearable and I'd guess around 2-4 hours on my eyes, which you can add at least 2 hours more to if your eyes don't rival a desert in dryness levels... :D

Distance photo!


Want to see more Eclipse colors?
Check these out: Pink, Green

Short summary:

Color: 7/10
Certainly sweet and lovely pastel violet. It has a calming effect.

Design: 7/10
A simple print with a dotted inner circle and then a single main color.
Opacity: 6/10
Makes my eyes violet no doubt, but keeps enough transparency to provide a gorgeous halo effect too.
Enlargement: 8/10
Very enlarging and doll-like.
Comfort: 5/10 
I can feel them and one of the lenses made my eye tear up like mad and felt stingy for some minutes before it eventually disappeared. Otherwise decent, could have been just dirt that I didn't get off or something.

Naturalness: 2/10
This is fantasy eyes, not the "going to family dinner and hoping grandma won't notice" eyes.


Thanks for reading, more reviews are coming soon!
Shiro Samurai is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!