March 28, 2019

Lens review: RevoColour Romantic Juicy Red

Hi there~

And my lens review roll continues. Trying to catch up here real hard, yo. 
Today is time for the Revo Colour Romantic Juicy Red, which I think might be exclusive to HoneyColor as I have not seen them anywhere else. This is also my first non-crazy RevoColour review so woop!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


I remember all those years ago when these lenses first released, I was super excited to try them out. But I waited and waited until a sale came by and then I jumped at my chance! I swear I'm so cheap that I almost never buy lenses at full price, unless it's like a con emergency.

It feels funny to say it but I guess these would fall into the "natural red" category, not like red lenses can ever, in all seriousness, be called natural but yeah, you know. It's not one of those screaming, Halloween type of red lenses that make you look possessed and thirsty for blood. No. It's actually a fairly modest red lens, still obviously red but it feels like... controlled.

One lens in.
It's a fairly sizable lens and I guess dolly in a way, despite lacking any notable dark limbal ring. The edges of the lens look smooth, almost feathered? It has a soft appearance overall and despite red being a color that makes bulls go angry I actually feel a strange sense of calm staring at these lenses.

The red color itself is a medium shade, kinda rich I guess. It covers a decent amount of the surface and does a tremendous job at blending into my real eye color at the center, especially when you factor in that it's a highly unnatural color (no shit Sherlock) and thus easily looks extremely fake. The size of the pupil hole doesn't bother me either, this is pretty much the standard size for circle lenses and how much you can expect of a lens center to be uncolored.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a March morning with a semi-cloudy sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.
 
Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light.
Bathroom light.
Poor natural light indoors. (in a corridor)
Flash photo.
Facing window. (not sun side)
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall, cloudy sky behind me)
Outdoors, facing the direction of the sun while it's cloudy.
Outdoors, facing sun.
It's a really likable red lens for those that dig red lenses and for those that are curious to try. I can definitely see it working for cosplay, alternative fashion and why not a whole slew of monsters too. :D It's fun, it's gorgeous despite what red lenses most likely makes you think about. Yeah, I think romantic and juicy in the name still somehow fits with these, lol. Honestly, consider these if you want more realistic red lenses for whatever is your game. 

Comfort is estimated as I only did this review quickly and then threw the lenses as the expiry date had sadly passed (boo). But based on my first and only impression the lenses felt really thin and generally okay to wear, except that the other lens made my eye tear up like mad and felt itchy for a few minutes before it eventually settled. Could just have been dirt or something but worth mentioning anyway. I'd estimate wearing time somewhere between 2-4 hours on my desert level dry eyes, you can easily add a couple hours if you were blessed with more normal eyes lol.

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 8/10  
Really pleasant, rich medium red. There's a softness to it that's alluring in itself. Honestly hard to explain.
Design: 8/10
Simple but really versatile and semi-realistic pattern. Works for a lot of purposes.
Opacity: 8/10
Great coverage, I have no complaints. Even the blending is great.
Enlargement: 6/10
Fairly big but not insane dolly level. Wearable for most.
Comfort: 6/10
Can't give a fair, tested grade but seemed thin and decent, save for the other lens making my eye tear up and felt some sort of stingy for a few minutes before it disappeared.
Naturalness: 2/10
I want to scream "it's fucking red, of course it's not natural!" but I swear these have that something that makes them not look all wacky and more if-humans-had-red-eyes type of thing...

Thank you for reading my reviews.
Shiro Samurai says bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!