April 25, 2019

Lens review: ICK Petal Brown

Yoo~

I was supposed to write this yesterday but I completely forgot because Avengers: Endgame happened. xD I work at the cinema so I watched it of course, it was fucking awesome! But yeah, this is not a movie gushing post, this is a lens review post and today it's the ICK Petal Brown that I'll show you guys. Let's do this!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 42%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



It's a cute doll-like lens, pretty big and the dark limbal ring adds to an 'anime eye' look as well. The color is a soft brown, kinda toffee or caramel in color I think. The lenses are a single color but the different levels of transparency make for an amazing blending effect and thanks to that these look really good on my light eyes!

One lens in.
As you can see the pupil hole is pretty big but because of the way the color fades it doesn't clash at all and looks really seamless, in terms of color transition from lens to iris I mean. The black limbal ring is not a solid, bold black but more of a faded or kinda diluted black and it also adds to the overal soft and delicate look. I think that the ICK Petal series are absolutely lovely and one of my favorite lenses in the dolly category.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during an April morning with a clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Bathroom light.
Poor natural light indoors, facing a dark corridor.
Flash photo.
Facing window, not sun side.
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing sun.
The design actually looks like some sort of ancient magical spell or such when you look closely, it's very detailed and unique. I can definitely see these used for j-fashion styles or just alternative fashion in general. Possibly cosplay as well, if you are looking for a more pastel-ish or soft approach to a character.

Comfort is great – these lenses are thin, invisible to wear and just really comfortable all in all. There's no random itchiness, red eyes or any notable annoyance. I estimate that I can wear these for like 3-5 hours, which is really good as my eyes are really damn dry naturally and anything past 2 hours is generally good for me, lol. For 'normal eyes' wearing time would probably be more like 5-7 hours or such.

Distance photo!


Looking for other ICK Petal reviews?
Check these out: Blue, Green
 
Short summary:

Color: 7/10 
A cute fresh, soft and soothing brown. The color is like caramel or toffee light.
Design: 8/10 
Artsy print with a magical-looking unique pattern. Really detailed when up close.
Opacity: 6/10
Color coverage makes my eyes look brown but the transparency also does a stellar fading effect.
Enlargement: 7/10 
Definitely a dolly lens. Big and cute.
Comfort: 8/10 
Thin, comfy and I don't feel them in my eyes. Estimated wearing time around 3-5 hours on super dry eyes, probably like 5-7 on 'normal eyes'.
Naturalness: 4/10 
If you don't count the size and dolly look then it's actually not dumb at all.

Thanks for reading my blog! Do you like these lenses too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!