June 13, 2019

Lens review: ICK Petal Green

Yo!

I'm trailing behind but I will try to get more reviews done now during the summer vacation, if weather permits of course. Today I thought I'd introduce the ICK Petal Green lenses to you all – it's a super cute, softly colored lens great for many looks!

Let's roll~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 42%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


I remember when these lenses released, I was super excited to try them out because of the design. I just feel drawn to the mystical print, it looks like this kind of spell-casting ring from roleplaying games haha. It's so cool and quite different from anything else I've seen, even today.

It's a really cute, smooth-looking lens and it surely provides a big enlargement effect as well. Yes, that means it's dolly style but I feel like they also looks a bit 'anime'.

One lens in.
I'm surprised by how delicate and well, pure, the green looks. It's quite different and it's really a pleasant, pastel-like color and I seriously love it a lot! You might notice as well that the black limbal ring is not an intense bold black but rather a bit more toned down, which adds to the soft and dreamy appearance.
The blending effect is also great; the green color doesn't end up muddled at all and yet manages to almost seamlessly fade together with my real eye color at the center. It's quite a feat as especially light green lenses (based on my experiences) are at a high risk of ending up as an indistinguishable ugly color on blue-gray eyes like mine. Thankfully these are not one of those unlucky ones!

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a June afternoon with a semi-clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Standing in an unlit corridor, natural light in the distance.
Flash photo.
Facing window, not sun side.
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
I feel a bit like my photos don't do these lenses justice, they're prettier in real life! It's a fantastic, almost beautifully haunting color that feels wonderfully serene and mysterious at the same time. Up close you even can see the intricate "magic circle" pattern and it's simply mesmerizing!

The only bummer with these lenses is the comfort. I will mention though that my eyes were really dry already before I started doing this review, on top of the lenses already having expired (I just took the photos quickly and then threw them out, hence comfort grade is based on first impressions). I felt the lenses slightly at all times, especially when moving my gaze around. The right lens was also scratchy upon insertion but that lessened after a while, so it could have just been dirt or something. They were otherwise almost decent but I can't really see myself wearing these for longer than 2-3 hours, possibly 4 hours on a good day. Again, I have extremely dry eyes naturally so 2-3 hours for me is probably more like 4-5 hours for someone with "normal eyes".

All in all this is a super cute, almost candy-style lens with an amazing dreamy green color. It's perfect for j-fashion styles (especially the cute, pastel, dolly ones) and I can totally see these being used for costuming purposes as well, especially fantasy beings like mermaids, fairies and forest creatures! I would recommend these lenses if you like the style of them as I think it's highly likely that my comfort grade is unfair based on the situation I had.

Distance photo!


Looking for other ICK Petal reviews?
Check these out: Blue, Brown

Short summary:

Color: 8/10 
Immensely pretty soft, dreamy, almost ethereal green. Cute and lively.
Design: 8/10 
Artistic print with what looks like a spell-casting ring from roleplaying games. Beautiful!
Opacity: 7/10
Fascinating color coverage despite being a light green, which has a high risk to turn muddy on blue-based eyes. Really impressed by how well the color shows up and blends, to be honest.
Enlargement: 7/10 
A dolly-style lens, big and adorable.
Comfort: 5/10 
Almost decent but I feel them in my eyes and the right lens was very scratchy upon insertion (it settled after a while though). Perhaps a bit dryish but I estimate 2-3 hours on mega dry eyes.
Naturalness: 4/10 
Too much fantasy in them to really look passable.

Thank you for reading my blog! There's more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!