June 19, 2019

Lens review: Flora Blossom Blue

Hello fellas!

Here comes another lens review to the world and today it's the Flora Blossom Blue, a big and really colorful lens that packs a punch! 



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



I think I bought these on a sale ages ago out of curiosity. The color seemed really opaque on the model photos and as there's not so many Flora brand circle lens reviews floating around I wanted to contribute to the case myself. I hope that all my past and future lens reviews might someday help someone out there to find the kind of lens that they need. We need a helpful community, not a toxic one. ♥

Okay so, back on track. I popped one lens into my eye and my first reaction was like "WAOOW" because the color was so intense! In some light it looks so bright that you'd almost imagine for a second that the lenses would glow in the dark, lol. Of course they don't but what I'm saying is that these lenses exceeded my expectations.

One lens in.
I'm not gonna lie, these lenses scream cosplay to me. The intensity of the blue color, the size and the black rim creates a cartoony look. It's a bold and vibrant lens and yeah, basically a show-off. The blue color is really pretty though, I like the shade of it! It's this kind of default bright blue that a lot of kids stuff have, if that makes sense. xD It's not a boring color by any means – it's not for the faint of heart but for us who like things to be a lil' bit extra. These lenses are fucking lit.

The design is something extra. From a distance it looks like a sorta basic flower print lens but once you zoom in and focus you will notice that the design actually consists of a myriad of butterfly outlines that together form the bulk of the blue color, which is extremely impressive. How can it even attain that coverage and brightness when the color is not even solid pixels but delicate overlapping butterfly prints with a fair amont of transparency on each animal since it's just the lineart that is of color?? I can't even. 

A little bit of information: the design is actually pretty much identical to the Vassen Butterfly series, except for that the Flora lenses appear to have a bit more firing power in the color intensity. I do not know which one came first, so I can't say which one is the original and which is a copycat.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a June afternoon with a semi-cloudy sky, as in the sun was hidden behind a thin veil of clouds. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Unlit corridor, natural light in the distance.
Flash photo.
Facing window, not sun side.
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while being under the roof's shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun while it's hidden by clouds.
Outdoors, facing the sun while it's almost out from the clouds.
Outdoors, on the shadow side of the building, facing the wall.
Unless you didn't notice already then these lenses are pretty big in size, which really adds to the eye-catching effect even more. The color coverage is without a doubt extremely opaque and I am very sure that even on jet-black eyes these would show up as a crisp, undeniable blue! 
These lenses are simply exceeding my expectations, I am at a loss of words because I simple love this so much. It's one of my favorite blue shades and these lenses makes my eyes look like I'm from some video game fantasy world! Get these for cosplay, like fucking seriously.

Comfort is fine. The Blossom Blues are thin and generally comfy and I noticed no particular discomfort during my short time of wearing these, despite the expiry date having passed (I only took the photos and then threw the lenses away, so comfort is based on first impressions) by the time I got around to doing this review. Something I did notice though was that my vision blurred slightly when I went outside, normally lenses only blur my vision in shitty light conditions and daytime sunlight is usually not one of them. I would regardless recommend these lenses and I will surely repurchase them for cosplaying later, whenever the need for bright blue lenses shows up.

Distance photo!


Want to see reviews in other colors?
I have done another: Green
 
Short summary:

Color: 10/10
 
Immensely bright, bold and fantastic blue color that will instantly level-up your persona.
Design: 8/10
Pretty flower-like design, but if you look really close you'll notice that the patterning actually consists of butterflies all over.
Opacity: 10/10
Holy macaroni, I did not expect the color intensity and coverage to be this good on a non-crazy lens! 'nuff said.
Enlargement: 8/10
These lenses don't hold back on the size. Dolly it is!
Comfort: 7/10
I don't feel them at all, they are thin and comfy and pleasant overall. Slightly blurred my vision outdoors for a moment though, but no big deal. Estimated wearing time on super dry eyes around 3-4 hours, possibly 5 hours on a good eye day.
Naturalness: 2/10
Hahaha no, get out of here. :))

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this review
~ Shiro Samurai out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!