November 23, 2018

Lens review: Vassen Butterfly Pink

Hi there!

Jajajaja it's time for one more lens review. This time it's the Vassen Butterfly Pink lenses and it's a cute, anime-ish circle lens with a fair amount of color and size! I've come to notice that the print is pretty much an exact copy of the Flora Blossom series but it's hard to say which one came first, lol. Oh well, let's get on with it ~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 42% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


It's a cute, cheerful print that looks kinda magical I guess? One might wonder why they're called butterfly as, on a quick glance, the print just seems like random clutter but upon a closer look at the design you'll notice that the coloration is actually a bunch of literal butterfly images stacked together that are making up the color – it's really cool once you see it! I'd definitely call these an unique lens design in that regard.

One lens in.
It's a fairly sizeable lens although it doesn't feel quite as big as I initially expected. It could be because the limbal ring is kinda thin but whatever the case it's not anything negative – the size is just right! 
The color is this kind of crisp, light to medium pink – a kind of cotton candy pink I'd say. It's sweet and fairly fun but it's not super bright so it ain't gonna make you look crazy but rather a toned-down pink. The opacity is fine, the lenses are undeniably pink but I can see hints of my real eye color showing through the "gaps" in the print, aka the transparent spots that are between the butterflies.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a November afternoon with a cloudy sky past sunset. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.
Indoors, yellow room light.
Indoors, extra bright yellow room light.
Facing window. (shadow side)
Flash photo.
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing sun. (cloudy and sun blocked by roof as it was low on horion)
Comfort is okay. These are really thin and invisible to wear – the only minus is that they feel drying at times. I guess I could wear them for the usual 3-4 hours, which is average for me and my super dry eyes. It's not bad despite sounding like it's not much but yeah, my eyes are really sensitive so what 3-4 hours is to me would probably be the usual 5-7 hours to someone with less crappy eyes, lol. Whatever the case these are fine enough to stand wearing for prolonged time for cosplay, just bring eyedrops to combat the potential dry bouts.

So what we have at hand is a cute not-so-little lens with a pleasant pink color and a really unique print that shows its grandeur upon a closer examination. It's dolly, it's cosplay-friendly and it's overall surprisingly versatile! A youthful, happy lens that steers the imagination towards a more innocent place. It's not the most vibrant, bold pink lens you can find but for those looking for a more, shall we say "mature pink", will be very pleased with this pair.

Distance photo, of course ~


Short summary:

Color: 7/10
A cotton candy-ish pink that balances between youthful and cute and sophisticated yet striking.

Design: 8/10
The print is actually a bunch of butterflies in pink lineart that make up the color, super unique!
Opacity: 6/10 
Still obviously pink but there's some transparent spots that show my eye color underneath.
Enlargement: 7/10
Still big but doesn't feel quite as big as some other Vassen lenses.
Comfort: 6/10 
Generally fine. Thin and invisible to wear but seems to do dry bouts or just start to feel dry fairly fast.
Naturalness: 3/10
I don't think pink butterfly-patterned eyes are very natural but it's not as weird as it could have been.

Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!