November 18, 2018

Lens review: GEO Eyes Cream Rayray Gray

Hello stingrays!

Yep, the name Rayray makes me think of stingrays and I can't help it. xD No but really, today I'll review the GEO Eyes Cream Rayray Gray lenses! There's a lot of spelling variants for these, along with EyesCream, Eyescream, Ray Ray and RayRay and... you get the point. However you like to spell these it's the same lens and now I'll get on with the review before this drags on for too long, lol.

Let's a-go ~



Base curve: 8.7 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 40±2
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


The name is a pun on ice cream, if it wasn't obvious. I must admit that the bright yellow labels stand out and so does the orange caps! This is a really natural lens and normally I would pass lenses like this by without a second thought as I tend to find this kind of design, well, boring. The reason I originally got these was for cosplaying Leon from Resident Evil but as my cosplay year has been very, shall we say underwhelming, I simply didn't get around to it in time.

I will say though that I was really surprised once I tried these on – I was expecting them to kinda just disappear into my eyes but holy moley, they are pretty as heck!

One lens in.
My natural eye color is a light blue-gray (gray-blue? whatever) and these fit really well with that. It doesn't look off or weird at all and it's really natural! I don't know what exactly it is but these lenses makes my eyes look really youthful and almost sparkly in some way – it's crazy as I really did not expect such a big effect from these! I found myself really loving the lenses and being positively surprised.

It's a shame that photos don't do these lenses justice – I swear they look livelier and prettier in real life. They kinda enhance my eyes and bring out the gray tones, add depth to the gaze and the design seems to create this kind of crystal-ish look and it's just really nice! There is a slight enlargement boost too but it's subtle in the way that it doesn't look weird at all, even without eye makeup.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by yours truly during a November afternoon with a cloudy sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Facing window. Shadow side.
Flash photo.
Outdoors, facing the direction of the sun. (cloudy)
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Comfort could be a bit better I guess, it's nothing bad by any means but they feel a bit thick perhaps. There's no irritation, blurred vision or such but they seem to feel a bit dry on and off but, then again, my eyes are naturally really dry so it could be that it's just my sensitivity speaking. ^^" The Rayray's are generally fine and I think I could wear them for the average 3-4 hours, which is standard for me. Fuck having Sahara eyes, lmao.

All in all this is a super nice natural-looking lens. I'm sold for these even though, funnily enough, the combination gray and natural would normally signal the most uninteresting lenses for me. xD I would likely repurchase these and I'd recommend them for daily fashion and as an everyday lens as they could pass as real eyes. If you're looking for realistic lenses for cosplay you might want to look into getting these as well, especially for western and game characters.

Distance photo below.


Short summary:

Color: 7/10 
Natural yet alluring medium gray. I don't know what black magic is in these but I dig them!
Design: 7/10 
For being a natural and kinda typical design these are really pretty once worn.
Opacity: 7/10
Makes my eyes gray but also blends enough to not look off.
Enlargement: 5/10 
Subtle size increase. It's there but it's probably not what you'd first notice.
Comfort: 6/10 
Generally ok but feel a bit thick? Seems a bit drying but otherwise no issues. Estimated 3-4 hours on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 7/10 
Really natural. Could probably pass for real eyes if the watcher isn't too circle lens savvy.

Thanks for reading, what kind of lenses do you like? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!