November 20, 2018

Lens review: I.Fairy Eclipse Brown

Hello dolls!

Yep, it's another lens review and yep, I still have more to come. I'm slowly getting through my backlog but at least I'm catching up! Todays's review is for the I.Fairy Eclipse Brown, a super dark and super big lens that won't go unnoticed!

Let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16.2 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



I don't remember why I originally got these – they were probably on sale just like all my other impulse buy lenses, lmao. I normally really like I.Fairy's lenses so it's pretty easy to splurge on them, haha.

Already from looking at the vials you can see that these will be huge. The dark color further adds to the illusion of massive dolly eyes. Like these are really dark on me, no joke. They even look lighter on photos than what they do in real life.

One lens in.
Okay so, my natural eye color is a light blue-gray and the contrast is really visible! These lenses are indeed massive and really dark, just like expected. It's a super cute effect and makes my eyes look really young and innocent, although the super dark color can be a bit too much for some. I'm pretty sure these would look creepy and weird without eye makeup...

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a November afternoon with a cloudy sky past sunset. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Facing window. (shadow side)
Flash photo.
Outdoors, back against sun.
Outdoors, facing direction of the sun. Cloudy and with the sun below the horizon line.
It's pretty obvious that these have good color coverage and one more thing that's worth to note is that the pupil hole is softened to avoid the ugly 'clash' effect, like there's some slight fading effect to make the transition between lens and real eye smoother.

Comfort is good. Despite the big size these feel invisible to wear and they're really thin too! Generally comfy and I didn't experience any scratchiness or dry bouts. I can quite comfortably see myself wearing these for anywhere around the 3-5 hour mark, which is better than average in the standards of my ultra dry eyes. I'm actually a bit surprised by how easy these are to wear, bigger lenses tend to be a bit more iffy sometimes but not with these!

I can definitely see these being used for all kind of cutesy looks and j-fashion styles like lolita and the like. These lenses actually appear more black than brown for most of the time, at least in real life, so I wouldn't really recommend them for cosplaying brown-eyed characters (unless the eyes are really dark) but for black eyes then yeah, would probably work!

Distance photo!


Wanna see Eclipse lenses in another color?
Check this out: Blue

Short summary:

Color: 7/10 

Effectful hyper dark brown lens that looks black most of the time, at least in real life.
Design: 7/10
Dark, artistic print. Reminds me of a night sky or something similar and endless like that.
Opacity: 9/10
Really covering, most likely because of the dark color.
Enlargement: 9/10
Very clearly huge and doll-like.
Comfort: 7/10
Pretty neat. Feel invisible, thin and just generally pleasant to wear. Estimated wearing time around 3-5 hours on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
Massive, dark and dolly? I don't think that's really realistic...

 Thanks for checking out this review!
Shiro Samurai out ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!