June 18, 2020

Lens review: GEO Animation CP-A3

Yoo!

It's been a while since I last did a review for an animation style lens so today I'll do just that. I will review the GEO Animation CP-A3, a pink/violet anime style lens!

Let's go~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Water content: 40±2
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


I've reviewed several of GEO's Animation style lenses before so if you are curious about other designs you can find my previous reviews over here, just scroll to the end of the list.

As with any GEO lenses make sure that your pair has the correct authenticity stickers before you proceed to wear them because yes, fake lenses exist and especially counterfeit GEO lenses as it's one of the most popular brands. Always buy your lenses from a reputable online store.

One lens in.
So I tried these lenses on and I'm not gonna lie, my immediate reaction was disappointment. These feel notably more "washed out" and lackluster than the other GEO Animation lenses I've tried. They don't really 'pop', so to say, and when you look close you can clearly see the net-like pixelation and to be honest it's rather ugly and looks fake. I mean yeah these look fake regardless but when I buy this kind of animation/crazy lenses I've come to expect an intensely opaque lens that borderline jumps at you. xD These just feel very tame and boring to me, idk really, your mileage may vary.

Regarding the design itself it's the type that I'd call the "shoujo manga" style, a pinkish violet base color with white light flecks scattered about to mimic teary eyes I guess. These are rather small, there's only a modest enlargement effect and the dark limbal ring is barely noticeable it doesn't really provide any additional cutesy points.

Lens photos ahead ~
All photos taken by me during a June morning with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Unlit corridor. Poor distant natural light.
Facing window. Not sun side.
Outdoors, back against the sun. Facing wall.
Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun directly.
As with most other lens reviews I've been doing lately I only got around to do this review once the lenses had expired sadly, which means that I immediately discarded them once I was done taking photos for this review and that also means that I can't really grade comfort properly. Thus my comfort grade is based on first impressions only and a rough estimate for wearing time, which I deem to be around 4-5 hours on dry eyes. Yes, I know I've been trashing these lenses but the comfort was surprisingly good in fact. They were comfortable, thin and I barely felt them at all. There were no notable colored corners or vision blur.

I'm not sure if I would recommend these lenses, it depends on if you need this particular design for a cosplay or not. I mean if you plan to cosplay like something from Sailor Moon or the like then sure, get these, but otherwise I'm not sure because I doubt these would really show up that well on photos tbh. On close-ups they are fine and you can clearly tell my eyes have an unnatural color to them. I think the CP-A3 would work for kawaii fashion styles though, maybe even more so than for cosplaying. Arrgh I can't decide if I like these or not.

Distance photo below.


Short summary:

Color: 6/10 
It's a nice pinkish violet color but for a crazy/animation lens it isn't bright enough.
Design: 6/10 
It has a teary eye design inspired by Japanese cartoons. It's cute.
Opacity: 6/10
My eyes turn pink alright, but the pigmentation is rather sparse as you can clearly see the net-like pixels and gaps if you look closer.
Enlargement: 4/10 
There's a tiny size boost but it's not really noticeable unless you only wear one lens.
Comfort: 7/10 
Comfy, thin and I barely feel them. No tunnel vision or colored corners. Estimated 4-5 hours on dry eyes.
Naturalness: 4/10 
Well, I guess this is the highest natural score I'll ever give a GEO Animation lens lol.

Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!