June 12, 2020

Lens review: MAX Elegance Tri-Tone Blue

Henlo!

I'll continue with the lens reviews. I thought some months ago that I'd be done with the backlog but then I found another cardboard box in a storage filled with lenses and was like "oh shit here we go again". xD So yep, expect my blog to be mainly lens reviews and maybe some cosplay tests this year as COVID-19 has cancelled pretty much all anime conventions.

Today I will review the MAX Elegance Tri-Tone Blue circle lenses! I remember buying these lenses ages ago and forgetting that I had them, oops. I still remember how the violet pair was hands down the most horrible lenses I've tried in terms of comfort. Probably that's why I yeeted these somewhere deep and forgot lmao.

Let's get on with this!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


I can't deny that the color is hella pretty, like holy shit I dig it! The design itself is quite generic but I still like it, I mean it's not my first choice in terms of patterns but it's one of those that you just know works. And I dunno why but the print makes me think of the insides of a kiwi fruit...

The blue shade is really zeisty and fresh. It's lively and a very good color for cosplay in my opinion. I'm fond of blue lenses that have an unnatural blue shade and these lenses hit home for me! There is also a prominent black limbal ring lining the edges of the lens, which adds a cartoony effect or somewhat of an 'anime' look. The black streaks in the lens somewhat anchors it from looking obnoxiously bold.

One lens in.
As you can tell the lenses are pretty big. Like big big. Of course I've worn bigger but these look rather huge and still somehow... passable? As in it's big but not overdoing it to the point it risks looking creepy. It could be further helped by how the design itself is somewhat, err, sophisticated? As in that there's only really one shade of blue and the color is streaky, which means that there's transparent lines between from which your real eye color can blend through. I'm not even sure what I'm trying to explain at this point...? xD But there is some yellow and dotted "pointy" tips at the center of the lens which also helps somewhat with the blending.

Lens photos ahead ~
All photos taken by me during a June evening with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural light indoors.
Yellow light indoors.
Flash photo indoors.
Bathroom light. (natural light on the viewer's right side)
Unlit corridor. Poor distant natural light.
Facing a window. Not sun side.
Outdoors, facing a wall. (back against sunlight)
Outdoors, facing the sky while under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing sun directly.
Much to my relief these lenses weren't horrible at all to wear! They were thin, I barely felt them in my eyes and they were overall comfortable. Of course I couldn't wear them long due to safety (these lenses had expired by the time I found them, so I just snapped the photos and then immediately discarded them) but they felt fine and I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase these if needed. There was perhaps a slight blurring effect but I'm honestly not sure if it was the lens or my eyes as I do not have perfect vision lol. Regardless I'm estimating wearing time to be around 3-4 hours on dry and sensitive eyes, which is pretty solid. 

This is a pretty lens, it's simple yet beautiful and it works for a lot of things. You can use them for cosplaying and most likely also for lolita and other j-fashion styles that are a bit extra. They might be too big for daily looks but that will entirely depend on your style and preferences. Overall this is a fun lens and I remember buying them from HoneyColor, I do think they might be exclusive to their site as I have no memory of having seen the MAX brand anywhere else.

Distance photo!


Want to see other colors?
Check out this: Violet, Red
 
Short summary:

Color: 8/10
A fresh, vivid blue shade this is full of life. I really like the color, it stands out.
Design: 6/10
Quite basic but it's pretty in its simplicity.
Opacity: 7/10
Very opaque, can't complain. There are transparent lines in the lens that lets slivers of your real eye color through.
Enlargement: 6/10
Definitely on the bigger side but manageable.
Comfort: 6/10
Thin and generally comfortable. Estimated wearing time around 3-4 hours on naturally very dry eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
The pigment and sheer size slams these immediately as unnatural.

Thanks for checking out my reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!