October 26, 2018

Lens review: MAX Elegance Tri-Tone Red

Hello everyone.

I'm honestly not in the mood to blog right now but I really need to get these reviews out of the way as I have a massive backlog to catch up on that's stressing me out. So yeah, today is for MAX Elegance Tri-Tone Red and I'll admit that I was afraid to try these on as the violet pair was extremely uncomfortable for me. I do suspect it was a defective pair but the previous experience naturally made me wary of trying these red ones. However, I had purchased these together with the violets so I had to give this series a second chance.



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


I bought these from HoneyColor some years ago, mainly because I wanted to try a new brand and they were on sale. I wasn't particularly drawn to the design, as it's pretty basic, but there were some color options that you don't see too often – red, violet and pink on the same series?!

I don't think that MAX (M.A.X on vials, stands for My Alluring X-factor seemingly) is a known brand of lenses, I honestly can't remember having seen any other lenses from them than these Tri-Tones.

One lens in.
The print gives me the feeling that I've seen it somewhere before. It's really generic in my opinion but it looks good for the most part – the only thing I don't really like is how pixelated they look up close.

The color is clearly red but it tilts towards orange a bit, I think. It's not crazy-looking but the coverage is good and the size increase is medium big. There's a black rim that adds definition and some 'anime' look. Something with the design makes me think of kiwi fruit, lol. 

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during an October afternoon with a clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.
Indoors, yellow room light.
Bathroom light.
Indoors, unlit corridor. (poor natural light)
Flash photo.
Facing window. (shadow side, weirdly blue for some reason...)
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing sun while being under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing sun.
Comfort had me surprised I was mentally prepared for hell to unleash... but nothing happened. They felt normal. This makes me really sure that I got a defective pair with the violet ones as these red ones I had no issues with. 
I can't really grade comfort as these had sadly expired before I got around to review them so I just took the photos and then put them away. But from my quick run they seemed all fine and I noticed no real issues with them.  I would guess I could wear these for 2-4 hours or something like that but yeah, I have super dry eyes so it's hard to give estimates.

I'd say it's a nice cosplay lens (as red lenses are not ultra common) depending on the look you're going for. I don't have anything bad to say about these so yeah, if red lenses are your thing you might want to check out the MAX Elegance Tri-Tone Reds.


Distance photo!


Want to see other colors?
Check out this: Violet, Blue

Short summary:

Color: 7/10
A softer red color that is overall real nice and seems to have orange tones to it.
Design: 6/10
Quite generic but nothing wrong with that. Just wish it didn't look so pixelated up close.
Opacity: 8/10
Red lenses tend to be opaque and these are no exception.
Enlargement: 6/10
Sorta big but manageable.
Comfort: 6/10
No noticeable discomfort but I can't grade wearing time fairly as they had expired before I got around to wearing them, sadly. Estimated to be about 2-4 hours on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
A bit too big and yeah, red eyes. But in their defense the shade of red is natural-ish when compared to other reds...

Thanks for checking out my reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!