June 9, 2020

Lens review: Princess Pinky Twilight Green

Hello!

It's been a long time since I last blogged. So long in fact that I noticed, much to my horror, that Blogger had completely changed while I've been away! I'm so lost oh god, thankfully I found that I can still go back to the old layout but who knows for how long...

My plan was that I'd do a lens review today. I will review the Princess Pinky Twilight Green, a small diameter but bright lens that used to be recommended for cosplay when I first started this hobby. Time sure flies by because yeah, since then there has been so many new lenses that I doubt the Princess Pinky Twilight series still is as relevant as it used to be. Oh well, I've wanted to try these for the longest time, despite the staggering amount of people saying that this series is uncomfortable to wear. And I agree, the blue pair I reviewed ages ago was not comfy...

But without further ado, let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 38%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


So as I said this is a small diameter lens, which is not the default when it comes to circle lenses. These are in fact barely bigger than what my natural iris is, which is good if you are one of those who prefer smaller lenses. 
The design looks quite natural, except for that the color is very bright and it stands out – not in a creepy way though, it's more in a "wow" sort of way. So yes, it's natural but still it's not natural, if you get what I mean? xD I do like the design and color, I don't know what it is but there is something alluring about these lenses!

One lens in.
The green color looks more "normal" in the vials but once you wear them they turn a lighter, slightly unnatural shade which is great for cosplay. I am expecting the color to appear somewhat differently depending on what your natural eye color is though, I have light blue-gray eyes with a golden ring next to the pupil. These lenses do have a yellow inner circle which I think is there to help with the blending, or transition, between lens and iris.

You can tell on the photo above that there's barely any size difference between my natural eye and the lens. The lenses have a slightly darker limbal ring so it does add some intensity but it doesn't do much for the illusion of bigger eyes, it basically just frames my eyes a bit more and that's it.

Lens photos ahead ~
All photos taken by me during a June evening with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors natural room light.
Indoors yellow room light.
Indoors flash photo.
Bathroom light. (natural light to the side through a window)
Unlit corridor. Poor natural light.
Facing window. Not sun side.
Outdoors, facing the wall. (back against sunlight)
Outdoors, facing the sky while under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun directly.
Regarding comfort I'm not sure what to say. The right lens was pretty decent, sure I felt it slightly in my eye but it wasn't overly unpleasant in any way – it was wearable. The left lens though was scratchy and felt thick to wear, more so than the right lens. I tried to clean and reinsert it a few times but it was always the same exact feeling of discomfort. I have naturally very dry and sensitive eyes but I expect that I can wear these lenses for maybe 2-3 hours, which is a drop below average for me. I recommend bringing eyedrops if you get any Princess Pinky Twilight lenses as they are quite known to not be the most comfy.

Other than that I do like these lenses. Vibrant, small diameter lenses are still not common to find and when you find a pair with cosplay-quality color coverage it's always a treat. Shame the comfort is not the best but, to be honest, I've had worse lenses. *shrugs* If you will like these or not will depend on what you want to use them for, they work for some daily but extravagant looks, for fashion and for costuming. You won't do any moe moe anime girls with these but for serious characters, adults and male character they are pretty good. It's overall a decent lens.

Distance photo below.


Check out my other review: Blue

Short summary:

Color: 7/10 
Vivid and bright green lens. It has a slightly unnatural shade but it's very likeable!
Design: 7/10 
Resembles a real iris but with a bit more flair to it. Beautiful and versatile.
Opacity: 7/10
The colored parts are more opaque than what you'd assume by looking at the lenses in their vials.
Enlargement: 3/10
Really small, there's barely any difference when compared to my natural eyes.
Comfort: 5/10
Comfort is not as disastrous as with the blue pair. These are wearable but the left lens felt like it was a bit scratchy, the right lens was fine. I feel them in my eyes but otherwise okay, could be worse.
Naturalness: 7/10 
Thanks to the rather realistic design these balance on the fine line between natural and semi-natural.

 Thanks for reading and I hope you found this review useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!