June 20, 2020

Lens review: Princess Pinky Green Werewolf

Rawr!

Nah, just kidding. I will do a circle lens review today and it's a funky monster lens known as Princess Pinky Green Werewolf! :D You might remember that ages ago, back when I first started using lenses, I reviewed the Orange Werewolf lenses it was a bit nostalgic to try these bad boys on, haha. In fact that previous review is my most viewed lens review to date.

Let's do this!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 38%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


So unlike that previous review with the GEO Animation CP-A3 these lenses are what I expect when I grab myself some crazy lenses! These are fearless, bold, have insane opacity and there's not an inch of doubt that these wouldn't show from a long distance. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if I scared the crap out of my perpetually drunk neighbor with these. xD

I suspect the Princess Pinky brand is unique to Pinky Paradise, that's where I got mine. I don't remember buying these for any particular cosplay, although I can definitely see these used for some characters. I actually just bought these because I simply wanted to try them.

One lens in.
I popped one into my eye and was blown away. These are so intense and vivid it's nuts! No regrets! I absolutely love these babies, the green color is unapologetically opaque and it's monstrous in a good way. That yellow inner circle adds to the creepiness and, while it looks a bit silly up close, it actually looks cool from a distance. The only slight minus is how abrupt the pupil hole is but I can't really complain because that's quite standard on crazy and super opaque lenses in general.
There is also a very distinct, rather thick black limbal ring which frames the eyes and makes them stand out even more. Also, you might notice that unlike most crazy lenses these are actually quite big, aka there is a notable enlargement boost.

Lens photos ahead ~
All photos taken by me during a June morning with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.
Indoors, yellow room light.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Unlit corridor. Poor distant natural light.
Facing window. Not sun side.
Outdoors, back against sun. Facing wall.
Outdoors, facing sun while standing under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing sun directly.
I regret not getting around to these earlier because by the time I did this review these lenses had already expired, sadly. :'( This means that I had to discard them as soon as I was done taking the photos crai evritim and that also means that my comfort grades are based solely on a single first impression and a rough estimate on wearing time which, in this case, I think might be somewhere around 3-5 hours on dry eyes. But from what little time I wore these I can tell that they were overall comfortable and invisible to wear except for that the left lens was a bit stingy directly after insertion but that it disappeared soon enough. These lenses give me colored corners at the edges of my vision, especially in poorer lights (indoors) where the pupil is dilated. This is very common with crazy lenses in general because they often have a smaller pupil hole than your average circle lens.

I would recommend these lenses for Halloween parties, funky fashion, punk rockers, monsters, cosplayers, evil skeleton lords of the dead and anything else you can imagine that would be better with some absolutely ballistic eyes of madness! Oh, and werewolves of course, probably radioactive ones. In all honesty if you like flashy, batshit crazy lenses that turn heads then you'll want these in your arsenal. 

Distance photo!


Check out my other review! It's here: Orange

Short summary:

Color: 10/10 
Hyper bold, as green as green can be and all over your face. HELL YEAH.
Design: 8/10 
It might not be detailed but it mimics a wolf's eye and it works for the intended purpose.
Opacity: 10/10
You won't get any more opaque lenses than this. Very dense pigmentation, no transparency.
Enlargement: 5/10 
For a crazy lens these are big but it's still not a lot.
Comfort: 7/10 
Comfortable, I barely feel them except for colored corners in my vision. Rough estimate 3-5 hours on dry eyes, which is solid.
Naturalness: 0/10 
I really don't think so lmao.

Hope you enjoyed this review, stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!