November 25, 2018

Lens review: Vassen Diamond Green

Hello friends!

It's another Vassen lens today, namely the Vassen Diamond Green. These lenses seem to have an almost identical or completely identical print as the GEO Xtra Diamond series; I haven't tried the green GEO Diamonds so I can't tell if the color, opacity etc is the same but Vassen Diamond is a replica lens, more or less.

Let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 42% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


This is once again one of many lenses I only bought because they were on sale years ago. I didn't have any plans for them or anything, just wanted to try them and review them. I quite often buy lenses with the main intent to review them to help the community, especially if there's few or no reviews of a particular lens that interests me – someone's gotta be the first one and I legit enjoy helping people out. ^^

Okay so, these lenses look like the name implies – diamonds. It's a detailed print and it looks sparkly and lively. It's worth noting though that the pupil hole is fairly big and these lenses will end up looking cartoony or unrealistic because of how harsh and sudden (aka no blending) the center is, just a heads up.

One lens in.
It's a pretty big lens but doesn't reach any insane proportions. My natural eye color is a blue-gray and these go pretty well with that, despite the center being a bit "clashy". It's definitely an eye-catching design because of the artistic print and the many shades in it. The Diamond Greens also feature a black limbal ring that frames the lens and adds an illusion of even bigger eyes. It's a cute lens with solid color coverage.

If you're looking for a true green lens then keep looking. These lenses are not of a typical green, it's much more like a blue-green. I'm not sure what to call the color exactly but some kind of dark seafoam green perhaps? It's a really nice color if you're drawn to more unnatural and rare shades. It stands out and has good pigmentation; I just wish the pupil hole was smaller so that the color reached farther towards the center.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a November afternoon with a cloudy sky past sunset. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural indoors room light.
Yellow indoors room light.
Facing window. (shadow side)
Flash photo.
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing sun while it's blocked by a roof (very low on horizon).
Comfort seems okay overall, they are fairly invisible to wear but they feel a bit thickish and I occasionally feel them because of that. There's no blurred vision or colored corners when I move my gaze etc, none of the annoyances are prevalent. I'd estimate wearing time within the average 3-4 hours for me and my super dry eyes. My eyes are really sensitive and I thus have a hard time wearing almost any lens past 5 hours without eye drops, but I try to do reviews without eye drops as I feel like that's a bit of cheating as it prolongs wearing time past the natural limit, lol. Dunno how to explain but it doesn't feel fair to use eye drops on some reviews and not on others because I'm lazy and inconsistent like that. xD

So yeah, the Vassen Diamond Green is a cute and big lens with a green color that makes me think of the marine life more than the earth life. It's youthful, elegant and hard to miss. Some might think that the large and really visible pupil hole is a deterrent to buying these and I understand, I'm not a big fan of it either as light eyes tend to look otherwordly with the look – circle lenses were first created for an Asian-dominated market so I think it's safe to assume that most lenses with clear-cut openings like these would look a lot more natural on dark eyes as brown is more easily seen as black from a distance, lol. 

Distance photo!


Wanna see more diamonds?
Check these out: Red, Blue

Short summary:

Color: 7/10 

A dark blue-green that's fairly uncommon and really nice, actually.
Design: 7/10 

Sparkly, youthful and chic diamond print. It's pretty cool with its black details.
Opacity: 7/10 
Very clearly changed my eye color but it's not screaming intense and my hunch tells me that your actual eye color will slightly affect the outcome.
Enlargement: 7/10
Notably big but not overdone.
Comfort: 6/10 
Generally ok. Fairly invisible to wear except that they feel a bit thickish. I can feel them a bit but it's nothing uncomfortable.
Naturalness: 2/10
I don't really believe that big, oddly colored gemstone eyes are all that convincing...

Thanks for reading my blog, hope you enjoyed this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!