December 15, 2018

Lens review: Vassen Diamond Blue

Hi guys!

Another lens review up for you all to dine on, let's do this! It's the Vassen Diamond Blue today, my third and likely last color from the Vassen Diamond series. I was surprised once again by how the blue ones became my favorite, despite being the "most boring" color as my eyes are naturally gray-blue.



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 42% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


It's a sparkly diamond print that's impossible to miss. It's really pretty and gives glimmery gemstone eyes in a second. The black detailing adds depth and a crystalline reflecting look when worn, it's honestly beautiful! I feel like because of my real eye color being similar to the lenses it looks even more gorgeous than usual and I'm in love, haha. *q*

One lens in.
It's a fairly big lens and it has a pretty light-ish blue color that even looks a lil' dreamy coupled with the diamond print. It's a youthful, precious design and the overly artsy print actually doesn't clash as much with my eyes as one might initially expect, most likely because of the closeness in color. Of course it doesn't fade perfectly either but I like the look anyway. There's also a thin black limbal ring to help make your eyes 'pop' more and add an illusion of bigness.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a morning with a semi-clear sky with the sun super low on the horizon line (polar night is a thing here). There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Facing window. (shadow side)
Flash photo.
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while it's blocked by a roof.
What had me surprised was that this blue pair was actually more comfortable than the green and the red – I probably just got lucky but still. I was really taken by how thin and invisible these were to wear, I literally didn't even feel like I had lenses on as soon as I popped them in! They're really comfy and I would estimate around 4-5 hours of wear, possibly 6. I do have really dry eyes naturally so anything past 3 hours is already good. 

I feel like the camera doesn't really do these justice, I swear they look more alluring in real life! There's something magical happening every time light hits the eyes and it's lovely. These look so nice with my natural eye color, almost like a really fancy enhancing lens! I was positively surprised by how much I ended up liking these and I would recommend them to anyone who likes to try more fabulous lenses. I can definitely see these used for many different fashion styles and yes, I would say that they are versatile. I can also see these work for cosplay, especially for shoujo or bishounen characters.

Distance photo! 

 
Wanna see more diamonds?
Check these out: Green, Red

Short summary:

Color: 7/10 

I'm surprisingly fond of the lightish medium blue shade. It evokes a feeling of calm.
Design: 7/10 

A glamorous, fancy diamond print that provides sparkly and gleaming eyes.
Opacity: 7/10 
There are hints of transparency but the overall color covers well.
Enlargement: 7/10
These go into the dolly category.
Comfort: 7/10 
Really thin and I literally don't even feel them. Anywhere around 4 to possibly 6 hours on really dry eyes, which is definitely good.
Naturalness: 3/10
Unless you were born to be fabulous then I don't think so.

Thanks for reading my blog, I hope you liked this review~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!