December 20, 2018

Lens review: Vassen Lollipop Green

Hiiiii~

I will review a lens with a really unique and eye-catching design this time, it's the Vassen Lollipop Green! I'm pretty sure that it's the same lens as I.Fairy Cara Green as Vassen is the manufacturer of many of I.Fairy's lenses as far as I know. I'm not sure though why it says Winky Green on the vial caps, maybe it's an alternate name for these but to be honest, I've never seen Winky used. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well, let's get on with this review already!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 42% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


I remember having been curious about these for years, mainly because of their really different and extravagant print. I haven't seen another brand with a design even close to this it's like a galaxy explosion or some sort of magical supernova or something. It's super colorful and cartoony at the same time! How can you not be enticed to try these?

One lens in.
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiieeeeet! These are pretty as fuck, not gonna censor myself. I'm amazed by how they're just perfectly transparent enough to "suck in" my real eye color into becoming a part of the design, it makes the color look more realistic instead of doing the ultra bold crazy lens effect that I was half-way expecting. I'm also a bit surprised by how the super harsh pupil opening disappears into my eyes, I was expecting it to do a really ugly 'clash' effect because there's no visible fading and the print just abruptly ends. Of course it's still visible where the edges are but I think the transparency is working its magic here to lessen the eyesore.

The color is AH-mazing! It's like a huge ball of sparkly candy, the eyes of an otherwordly being, a glittery sea's surface... you get the idea. It's really magical and ethereal at the same time. I'm in love with the design and the color, the green is immensely pretty, deep and has a depth I can't even begin to put into words! There's a thin limbal ring framing the lenses and it brings an 'anime' look along with making the lenses appear bigger.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a morning with a semi-clear sky with the sun super low on the horizon line (polar night is a thing here). There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.
Indoors, bright yellow room light.
Indoors, more distant yellow light.
Facing window. (shadow side)
Flash photo.
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing sun while it's blocked by a roof.
These lenses are really thin, to the point they are floppy and don't hold their shape really well when I try to insert them I had the lenses flatten themselves on my finger multiple times. Thankfully once they're inside the thinness is a great plus as I don't feel them in my eyes! The Lollipop Greens are really comfy and I can easily see myself wearing them for 3-5 hours despite having really dry eyes. There's no blurred vision or colored corners.

I wish I would have reviewed these earlier and not on December (the shittiest month to review on as the sun barely comes past the horizon line, no joke) but I had no time. :( I would have loved to see what these would look like in a clear, bright sunlight. Oh well, I have a good idea even like this and all I can say is that I would definitely recommend these lenses for anyone who likes fancy, beautiful lenses that stand out from the crowd. These sport a great punch of color, multiple shades of green mixed with yellow and it's just simply fantastic. I'm probably just gushing at this point but seriously, try these for j-fashion, live-action roleplay, cosplay and basically anything where they get the chance to shine and steal the spotlight. I'm sure these are gorgeous on any eye color!

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 10/10 

Beautiful, multifaceted green that's incredibly rich in color and depth.   
Design: 9/10 
Absolutely gorgeous design that looks like it's a magical explosion or a shiny gemstone.
Opacity: 7/10 
It's opaque enough to be green but lets my real eye color, in a beautiful way, affect the final outcome.
Enlargement: 7/10
Definitely on the bigger end.
Comfort: 7/10 
Thin and invisible to wear. They're a bit floppy and thus flatten on my fingers but overall a great lens with no discomforts.
Naturalness: 1/10
Seems to belong to a being from our fairytales.

Thank you so much for reading, I love feedback if you liked this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!