July 10, 2019

Lens review: Flora Blossom Green

Hello in the hoods!

I'm lagging behind again with the reviews, oh noes. Gotta have to speed up before the summer vacation is over so that I'm somewhat on schedule for the later half of the year at least. ^^" Today it's the Flora Blossom Green that I'll show you all, go go go! 

Shuush~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



It's big, it's cute and it's colorful. A really dolly lens that is not shying away from being very hard to miss! Just like with the blue pair that I reviewed earlier these actually have a compact overlapping butterfly print that makes up the bulk of the color when you look up close on the design, it's super adorable and really unique! This is definitely a vivid, bold and overall really youthful lens.

As with any lenses I let them soak in multi-purpose lens solution over the night before wearing them, I don't recommend using them straight out of the small glass bottles as the solution lenses are stored in is stronger than the normal stuff. Just to be safe, ya know.

One lens in.
The color packs a real punch, it's a really nice and vibrant green. Almost a radiant shade, it's really cartoony looking and far from natural. Great for cosplay and funky, over-the-top fashion styles! Despite the super impactful green color the lenses still somehow look more gentle than crazy villain style, if that makes sense? I love the color a lot, it's so rad and not the kind of green you bump into all the time either!

The color coverage is solid and these lenses are notable in the size department. Yes, that means dolly eyes but it's not like insanely big. :D I can see a small 'halo effect' too and it's really lovely when it shows up!

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a July evening with a mostly clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors natural room light.
Indoors yellow room light.
Flash photo.
Unlit corridor. Poor natural light in the distance.
Facing the window. (backyard, not sun side)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while under the roof's shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
Comfort is overall decent. I do feel them in my eyes but it's not in an uncomfortable way, just the usual "I can tell that I'm wearing lenses" feeling. I did notice though that these do seem to blur my vision a bit, especially towards the corners. It's no big deal but worth noting, although every lens experience is different because we all have different eyes. I do estimate that I can wear these for around 3-4 hours, which is average for me and my ultra dry eyes.

So what more to say? It's a really cool, head-turning lens that definitely belongs more in the costuming and fantasy realm than in the realistic territory, lol. The color payoff is great, the green shade itself is fairly different from what you normally find and it's just overall a really interesting lens to have. If you like to stand out and prefer lenses that are unapologetically bright then these are deffo worth looking into!

Distance photo~


Want to see reviews in other colors?
I have done another: Blue

Short summary:

Color: 8/10
 
Really vibrant, slightly blue-tinted green shade that is really strong and unique!
Design: 8/10
Pretty flower-like design that is actually butterflies clustered all over.
Opacity: 9/10
Really solid color coverage, can't complain.
Enlargement: 8/10
These are definitely big, really big in fact, but it's still not overdoing it.
Comfort: 6/10
Decent. I can feel that I'm wearing them (not in a bad way, just the usual "lens in my eye" feeling) and it seems like they do blur my vision a little, especially at the corners. Estimated 3-4 hours of wear on super dry eyes, which is average.
Naturalness: 2/10
Pffft no. Don't even think about it.

Thanks for checking in, hope y'all enjoyed this review
~ Shiro Samurai out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!