July 29, 2019

Lens review: GEO Mimi Cafe Cappuccino Red

Woop de woop!

It's time for one more... yep, you guessed it. Lens review time it is again and without further ado, here's the GEO Mimi Cafe Cappuccino Red. Which by the way are not red at all, let's get that out of the way first lmao. 
These can also be recognized by their ID number code thingy, which is WMM-700.

Roll it out! 



Base curve: 8.8 mm
Diameter: 14.8 mm
Water content: 40±2%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


As with any legitimate GEO lenses these come with authenticity stickers that you can check up online to prove that your lenses are the real deal. Yes, there's fake lenses out there so be careful from where you buy from.

I don't know about you but to me these look like a kind of a prune purple color much more than anything even remotely red. But as the name is officially red then that's what I will list them under on my big circle lens review list. *shrugs*

One lens in.
Okay so, I didn't buy these for any particular reason – I was just simply curious and wanted to try them. Also I couldn't find any light-eyed review for these (back when I got 'em at least) so here's one now!

I immediately reacted on how big these look, most likely the blackness makes it this way because yes, these lenses are very dark. The design is pretty cool once you're up close but it quickly disappears when viewed from a distance. It's honestly just a really dark and dolly lens? It's great if you're looking for adorable big almost black doll eyes or maybe for some siren or some other fantasy being with not-so-good intentions? Actually, when you look closer you'll notice that the design is very detailed and looks a bit like the, well, surface of coffee? I don't know, I don't drink coffee. xD But in my eyes it looks a bit gothic?

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a July evening with a mostly clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.
 
Natural room light indoors.
Same as above but facing away from the light.
Yellow room light indoors.
Standing in the kitchen, yellow and natural light in the distance.
Flash photo.
Poor natural light indoors. Facing a wall near the corridor.
Facing the window indoors. (not sun side)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing the wall)
Outdoors, facing the sky/light while being under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun directly.
Comfort appears to be fine, no real issues. The lenses are thin and comfortable to wear but I do seem to feel them ever so slightly? It's really not a big deal, it's just that I have sensitive eyes. I think that I could possibly wear these for around 3-4 hours, which is average to good for me and my super dry eyes. 

Basically, if you like huge dark eyes then these are right up your alley! It's not a black lens but it's still a very dark color that looks close to black on a quick glance. It's a fun lens and I can see it used for fantasy, goth and dolly styles. Could also likely be used for some special effects stuff because of that strange alluring effect that comes from wearing really dark lenses on light eyes. It's worthwhile if you like this type of lenses but just don't go in expecting a red lens because these are far from it, lol.

Distance photo~


Want to see another GEO Mimi Cafe Cappuccino review?
I have reviewed the gray pair (which are not gray either lol): Gray

Short summary:

Color: 6/10
A really dark prune purple. It's not a red color so if you hoped for that then you will be disappointed.

Design: 7/10
Unique detailed design. It's probably supposed to mimic coffee patterning, but, if you ask me, these would fit really well for any gothic looks or for big black dolly eyes!
Opacity: 8/10
They are more opaque than I thought at first
definitely delivers on this front! The color is less opaque and lightens around the pupil though, which saves you from appearing as if aliens abducted you.
Enlargement: 8/10
These are big and will suck your soul in. Almost.
Comfort: 6/10
Seems to be decently comfortable. Thin and overall okay but I do feel them slightly.
Naturalness: 1/10
I am light-eyed and on me these look pretty far from natural. Likely meant for dark eyed people.

Thanks for reading these! I will get back to cosplay content eventually, hold on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!