August 1, 2019

Matsucon 2019 plans – likely no cosplay

Hello guys!

So Matsucon is fast approaching (too fast, I panicked when I realized it's this coming weekend already!) and I have got the train tickets ready this past Saturday. Matsucon is held on 3-4 August in Oulu, Finland. Pohjankartano serves as the con building again, just as usual.
I decided to go as a con worker, just like last time. They seemed to have a shortage of volunteers so why not and besides, I'm not sure if I can live without access to the green room anymore. xD

I will be at the entrance selling tickets on Saturday at 11-13 and 15-17 local time, and on Sunday during 11-15 – unless last minute changes happen. Come say hi and entertain me as I will travel alone! I had a nightmare last night, the con anxiety is real lololol

Regarding costuming I am not sure yet what to wear, if anything. It will depend on the weather and my mood but my current plans are to most likely either go casual or wear some lesser effort alternative fashion lol. I did think about maybe going as a random Jedi from Star Wars again, just like at Kummacon. I have to wear something that I can still easily work in and that doesn't hinder movement in any way so, uh, that's why I'm so unsure about how suitable cosplaying is and honestly, if the weather is warm I don't want to get roasted alive. :D
On Sunday I will go casual as I don't want to stress with getting to the train station on time... and I'm past those weeb days when I could easily sit in a train, in full costume, and not care that people were hardcore staring at me for half the trip.


My main reason to go to Matsucon is actually to see the Valitut Lapset (lit. chosen children) play. Matsucon is the only con in northern Finland that it's coming to and thus my only chance to see this fan-made Digimon spectacle and as a big Digimon fan this is a must for me to experience! I am so excited and happy that the supervisor for the con workers gave me my break time from work to go see it, woop! But this play is also one of the reasons I'm highly considering not cosplaying and another reason is that Pokémon Go's long awaited Ralts Community Day falls on Matsucon's Saturday and this means that I'll be roaming the streets of Oulu and I'd rather be as comfortable as possible.

See you there, whoever is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!