July 27, 2019

Lens review: Neo Sunflower Green

Hi over there!

Here I am again, another circle lens review coming up! This time it's the Neo Sunflower Green and let me tell you, these are vibrant! A lot brighter than I expected.

Let's go~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


This is a two-tone lens according to the vial labels. When I look at the lenses in their glass bottles they don't look all that inspiring nor interesting. I'm not sure what I even bough these for originally but whatever the case I didn't really have any expectations... and that's probably why I was so blown away.

One lens in.
I mean seriously, look at that color!! That's an almost insanely good color payoff for a lens that looks honestly quite dull and average when not worn. For real, by the design alone I half expected these to do the typical disappointing turn-into-a-muddy-indistinguishable-color that some green lenses quite often do on light blue eyes like mine. But they did not. Not even close. Instead I got this vibrant as fuck green color that almost looks like it would glow in the dark at some rave party. It's rad as all hell and, quite literally, once I popped the first lens into my eye and looked in the mirror I swear my facial expression spelled out "holy shit, this is amazing". xD

So yeah, what we've got is a very vibrant light green. It touches slightly very into the seafoam green territory but it's a super radiant color regardless of what shade it is. Also, I swear that something with the design makes these lenses look really sparkly and vivid!

As with all Neo lenses these are on the small side for being circle lenses. There's a slight enlargement effect but it's nothing you really notice all that much, to be honest. It's great though as most circle lenses are big in general, so having some smaller alternatives that still have a rich color is a huge plus in my book and very needed.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a July evening with a mostly clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Flash photo.
Poor natural light indoors, close to a dark corridor.
Facing a window. (not sun side)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sky/light while standing under the roof's shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun directly.
Comfort appeared to be really great. These lenses are very thin and I honestly didn't feel them at all, it was like as if I wasn't even wearing lenses! And I have sensitive and really dry eyes naturally. But yeah, really comfortable I'd say. Estimated wearing time on ultra dry eyes around 4-5 hours without eyedrops, possibly longer with.

I love these, it's so great to find small lenses that pack such a punch of color. This is a great cosplay lens and for male characters in particular, especially those on which you want to avoid huge dolly eyes. I wholly recommend these lenses, be it for costuming of just for fun. These would be lit for any fashion styles as well, especially the colorful, bold and wacky ones. Well worth to grab these lenses as they really make you stand out and shine!

Distance photo.


Short summary:

Color: 8/10
I'm not sure what I was expecting but the green color is amazingly vibrant and rich!
Design: 7/10
A rather classic base design but the pigmentation makes them stand out and look full of life.
Opacity: 8/10
Great color coverage and really stands out too. Much better than what you are led to believe by looks.
Enlargement: 3/10 
Really small, as is typical of Neo lenses. It's great to have a brand with specifically small lenses.
Comfort: 8/10 
Appears to be great, really thin and I literally don't feel them despite having sensitive and dry eyes.
Naturalness: 4/10
The size is passable but the black rim shows up a bit too much, not mentioning the color itself.

Thanks for reading! Would you also like there to be more smaller lenses?
Shiro Samurai out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!