June 2, 2019

Lens review: Flora Gerbera Green

Hello swagsters!

I will continue with the lens reviews (I haven't done any cosplay progress in a long time, more about that another day) and today it's time for the Flora Gerbera Green! It's a really lovely lens with a rather unique design and a slightly blueish green tone.

Let's get to it~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


I think this is a really beautiful design, it looks like a bursting flower or something like that. The overall look of the lenses seem anime-ish to me, although it's not a full-blown cartoony lens by any stretch. The color is a lovely fresh green, a bit blue in tint I'd say. It's gorgeous.

One lens in. (cloudy outside, so the light is pretty bad on this photo)
I feel like the lenses turn slightly darker once in your eyes (especially when viewed from a distance) and although it's still really pretty there was a miniscule disappointment, in my case, as I hoped they would be a tad brighter. I love green lenses a lot though and these are high on my list regardless.
The Gerbera Greens are pretty big in size and have a really thick black limbal ring, which of course provides big dolly eyes. Some like it, some don't. I generally like big lenses but I also like small lenses, so for me it's never really a dealbreaker either way.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me around a June noon with a semi-clear sky, the sun trolled me though and it was super bright before but as soon as I was ready to take photos it went and hid under a veil of clouds and didn't come out. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural indoors room light.
Yellow indoors room light.
Unlit corridor, poor natural light in the distance.
Flash photo.
Facing window, not sun side.
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun. Cloudy.
Outdoors, facing the sun while it's hidden behind a thin cloud veil.
When I look at these lenses I think of fantasy creatures like nymphs and forest beings in general. I think it would be a great lens for costuming and roleplaying if you are looking to portray a figure that is often seen as beautiful. Of course it's a great lens for fashion as well, particularly alternate and j-fashion. I think these lenses are perhaps a bit too flashy for daily looks imo but seriously, if you'd like to use these for casual styles then rock it! 

Regarding comfort I was positively surprised. Sadly I can't grade these properly as they had expired by the time I got to do this review (I have such a massive backlog) but for the quick moment I wore them (for the purpose of taking photos for this review) I felt that they were really thin and invisible to wear I did not feel them anywhere and once I put them on it actually felt like they moistened my eyes? :D What can I say, these lenses are really comfortable based on my first impressions and I'd estimate wearing time to be a respectable 4-5 hours on ultra dry eyes.

Distance photo!


Interested in more Gerbera reviews?
Check these out: Red, Pink, Blue

Short summary:

Color: 7/10
 
An interesting blue-green that's really pretty. I just personally wish that the color was a tiny bit lighter.
Design: 8/10
Cool 'burst' pattern with streaks running towards the center, looks surreal in a pleasant way.
Opacity: 6/10
My eye color seems to affect the color outcome a bit, but the color coverage is still solid.
Enlargement: 7/10
These are really big in size, great for dolly looks.
Comfort: 8/10
I don't feel them at all, super invisible and really thin! It even felt like they moistened my eyes upon insertion and just overall really pleasant. Estimated 4-5 hours on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 4/10
Too big and flashy to really cut it for anyone seeking a natural approach.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this review
~ Shiro Samurai out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!