May 23, 2019

Lens review: Beaucon Shimmer Gray

Hello peeps!

Another Beaucon circle lens review ahead, this time the Beaucon Shimmer Gray. Honestly I bought these ages ago and completely forgot that I even had them, lol. 

Let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.0 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


This is a lens with a natural approach, nice to have for daily looks or western/movie character costuming or what-have-you. It's a nice light gray and looks really pleasant and realistic. Gray is honestly never really my first choice for lenses (too close to my real eye color I guess xD) but sometimes you just want to pick different colors from what you usually go with.

One lens in.
The enlargement effect is small but it's still there, providing a slight difference in size. These blend really well with my natural blue-gray eyes and works as a fabulous enhancer it's actually really hard to tell where the lens meets my real iris because the fading and the colors go so well together that the transition seam is invisible!

Comfort is okay, these lenses are thin but I do slightly feel that I have them on. It's nothing uncomfortable though, just the usual "lens in my eye" feeling. These are generally comfortable I'd say, perhaps there's a tendency to become dryish but it's hard to tell as it could just as well be my naturally super dry eyes having a bad day. Really can't tell if it's the lenses or my eyes.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me around a May noon with a completely cloudy, heavy sky and it's literally raining. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible. 

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Flash photo.
Unlit corridor, really poor distant natural light.
Facing a window, not sun side.
Outdoors, back against the direction of the sunlight.
Outdoors, facing upwards towards the sky. (standing under a roof to not get wet)
Okay, these are maybe not as fun as the green and blue pairs that I reviewed before but it's a super nice natural lens either way and a lovely gray lens in particular. If you love natural lenses you will enjoy these!
They are worthwhile to invest in if you like small pairs. There's something with the design that makes my eyes look lively and youthful, almost sparkly in some sort of way. I sadly didn't have the weather on my side (no direct sun photo) but these lenses are beautiful even in bad weather, haha.

It's overall a super cute and easy-to-like lens, maybe not the best for cosplay (unless you aim for a realistic approach or do western or video game characters) but it's otherwise really easy to make part of almost any outfit, fancy or casual. From a distance it's not really obvious that you're wearing lenses but you can tell that there's something special and extra alluring about the eyes.

Distance photo ahoy!


Want to see Beaucon Shimmer lenses in other colors?
Check these out: Blue, Green

Short summary:

Color: 7/10
Soft natural and light gray color that blends incredibly well into my eyes.
Design: 6/10
Realistic design with a thin dark limbal ring and youthful look.
Opacity: 6/10
Enhances the color of my eyes more than an actual color change. Super amazing fading effect.

Enlargement: 2/10
Really small, great if you prefer smaller lenses.
Comfort: 6/10 

Average to good. Thin, although I can slightly feel them. Comfy but maybe a bit drying? Estimated 3-4 hours of wear on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 9/10
Extremely realistic yet lovable. Perfect lens for daily looks, parties or a fancy outing. Only the slight size increase might give you away and even that kinda assumes that the viewer knows about colored lenses. ;)

Thanks for reading my blog!
Shiro Samurai says bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!