May 20, 2019

Lens review: Beaucon Vibrant Match Brown

Good day folks!

Aaaaand back to the usual we go. Yes, I just re-realized how behind I am with these reviews still so I really oughta speed it up! I promise that 2019 will have a lot of lens reviews but after that it should calm down notably and my blog will return, hopefully, to have more cosplay content as well. 
Today's review is for the Beaucon Vibrant Match Brown because yes, I once again gave a try to the Vibrant Match series.

Let's roll!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.0 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)
 


Honestly, I'm not sure if the lenses are supposed to be like this or if I somehow got screwed, storaged them wrong or whatnot but yeah, I was really surprised when I pulled them out for photos and saw how... colorless they looked? Like it looks like the color is really washed out, not a vibrant match at all, lol. Maybe the brown ones just are like this, I don't know? I tried to google for other reviews but found none that made me any wiser.

One lens in.
So these lenses are small in terms of enlargement, just like all Beaucon lenses seem to be. I have no idea why I originally bought these but I guess they were on sale and I wanted to review them as there's a big lack of Beaucon circle lens reviews in general.

The color barely shows up and it's a really muddled brown and just disappointing, frankly. You can still see a slight color change, a brown tint, but it's far from the vibrant it's advertised to be. It looks more like something between a brown and gray? I guess it's good if you want really discreet and muted, natural lenses but I swear I have a tingling in my butt screaming saying that these lenses aren't supposed to be like this and that I somehow have an error pair, just like with the green ones. There is a chance that these two pairs were along those that I stored next to a window for a longer time as I had literally no space in my previous apartment; could be that they got sunfaded but that seems highly unlikely as the bottom of the vials never faced the sun/window and were bottom down of course and also, no other lenses that were stored in the same plastic box changed in any way (not even the labels) – I really don't know if it affected anything or not. I am thinking of repurchasing these and the green ones just to compare and re-review them, if they turn out to be different or affected.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me around a May noon with a cloudy, heavy sky (soon to be rain). There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Flash photo.
Unlit corridor. Really poor natural light in the distance.
Facing a window, not sun side.
Outdoors, back against the direction of the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the direction of the sun. Standing under the roof's shadow.
Outdoors, facing upwards towards the sky.
Comfort seems mediocre to me. I can't grade comfort fairly as I did this review past these lenses expiry date (I know I shouldn't but I don't wanna throw them away without doing at least a review quickly) but from my short time snapping the photos I had enough time to notice that I did always slightly feel them in my eyes, despite them being thin and they also felt a tiny bit scratchy at times. Nothing horrible but I can't call these comfortable really. Also seemed to dry kinda fast but my eyes are naturally really dry so it's hard to tell when it's the lenses and when it's just my eyes having a bad day.

Again, I feel like this is a potentially misleading review but I will post it anyway and whenever I get around to repurchasing the Beaucon Vibrant Match Brown and Green lenses I will, just to compare and get some clarity on the question I have if lenses can, in fact, get sunfaded or not. I still have a hard time to believe it.

Distance photo~


Psst, you interested in seeing other colors of the Vibrant Match series?
Check out these reviews: Blue, Green, Violet

Short summary:

Color: 2/10 
Really diluted, bland and washed out brown. Looks a bit gray even. Not vibrant at all.
Design: 7/10 
I like the dotted design and the realistic approach of this series.
Opacity: 3/10
Not really covering, more of a color enhancement or toning lens than a straight-up color change.
Enlargement: 2/10 
Really small, good if you don't like big lenses for whatever reason.
Comfort: 4/10 
I feel them in my eyes slightly, despite them being thin. Seems a bit dryish and occasionally a lil' bit scratchy. Mediocre comfort, wearing time estimated 2-3 hours on sensitive eyes. Maybe.
Naturalness: 8/10 
Well, ironically this is the department where these lenses shine. Really natural, should be "Beaucon Natural Match Brown" instead, lmao.

Thanks for reading, what do you think about these lenses?
Shiro Samurai out ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!