July 10, 2018

Lens review: Flora Gerbera Pink

Hello folks!

I'm back on the circle lens review roll and today I'm gonna feature the Flora Gerbera Pink lenses! It's a pretty lens but the color vibrancy sadly doesn't quite live up to my expectations. Nevertheless, let's get on with the review!

 Go go gooo ~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)




These lenses have a sort of 'burst' design with colored streaks reaching towards the center. It looks really nice but as you can see the color is not very dense, which means that these are not super opaque nor bright. My guess is that the pink color would perhaps stand out more on dark eyes because, on my eyes at least, it gets diluted and appears a grayish shade or just this kind of undistinguishable color.

One lens in.
These lenses sport a generous size increase and the black limbal ring adds to the illusion. They fade well into my real eye color the closer to the center it gets, which is nice if you like more natural-looking lenses. Pink of course is not a natural color but because of how subdued these look on my light blue-gray eyes it's actually not all that weird. I can't quite decide if I like these or if I'm disappointed in how the color lacks a certain intensity.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a July afternoon with a clear sky. Close-up photos are all free from color filters etc and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Flash photo.
Bathroom light.
Unlit corridor.
Facing window. (sun side)
Facing backyard window. (forever in the shadows :D)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while being under the roof's shadow.
Outdoors, facing sun.
In some poorer lights the color is hard to make out what exactly it is, even more so in real life. In bright/optimal lights it looks pink and during those moments it's a cheerful and cute color that's surprisingly natural. The color is quite transparent and thus my real eye color does shine through a bit and mess with the color, hence why it looks grayish sometimes – like I already mentioned.
Comfort is pretty okay. They're a bit hard to insert as the lenses are really thin and a bit flimsy, if you know what I mean – they like to fold in half and just be a nuisance to insert quickly, lol. Feels a bit scratchy sometimes when I move my eyes at first but it settles really quickly. I can easily wear these past 2 hours, despite having super dry eyes, which is quite fine in my standards. My wearing time estimate would be 2-4 hours in my case, possibly longer. They tend to blur my vision occasionally too.

I would not recommend the Gerbera Pink for cosplay as the color doesn't show up much, especially when viewed from even the slightest distance (at least in the case of light-eyed individuals). This is definitely more geared for being a fashion lens and in particular I'd like to say for classic lolita, mori, gyaru and other cute looks on which you want enlargement but still want to keep a realistic approach.

Distance photo!


Need more Gerbera reviews?
Check out these: Red, Blue, Green

Short summary:

Color: 6/10
It's okay overall but a bit disappointing on my blue-gray eyes as it tends to just turn this undistinguishable, almost grayish color.
Design: 8/10
Nice-looking 'burst' pattern with streaks racing towards the center.
Opacity: 5/10
Quite transparent and blends a lot. Not a cosplay lens by any means.
Enlargement: 7/10
Cute and dolly, good for j-fashion looks.
Comfort: 6/10
Sometimes feels a bit scratchy after insertion and occasionally blurs my vision, otherwise I can easily wear these for at least a couple hours with no dryness, despite having mega dry eyes!
Naturalness: 5/10
Too big to pass for real eyes but the soft color, despite being pink, actually kind of works.

Thanks for reading and do leave a comment if you have any questions
~ Shiro Samurai out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!