March 19, 2022

Lens review: RevoColour Twinkle Olive Green

Hello everyone!

It's time for another circle lens review and it's gonna be about the RevoColour Twinkle Olive Greens! This is the second RevoColour Twinkle series lens that I'm reviewing, I have a few more colors waiting in line as well.

But now let's get on with this one!
 


Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)
 

These lenses stand out a bit from contemporary designs as they look quite different. They have a thick limbal ring but it's not very intense due to the dotted nature of it and how it hinges more towards a dark brown, rather than a pure black, in tone. The green color is printed on in a very dotted manner, there's a lot of dots scattered around the lens which gives a somewhat sparkly and teary look when worn. 
 
One lens in.

As you can see the color is a rather soft green, it's very clearly green and the shade is pretty. It blends rather naturally into my gray-blue eyes too. The shade of green is on the lighter side, I'm not sure I would call it 'olive green' as in the name but regardless it is a nice color. The color coverage is better than I expected too, especially with all those clear gaps in the design and the overall transparency when viewed in their bottles; one could easily be fooled into thinking that these lenses won't show up that much.
There's some size increase in these, further enhanced by the somewhat prominent dark rim. It's not incredibly dolly or such but it does add a youthful, somewhat cutesy look I'd say.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by yours truly during a March afternoon with a mostly clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.
 
Natural room light indoors.

Bathroom light.

Unlit corridor, weak natural light in the distance.

Flash photo.

Facing a window indoors, not sun side.

Outdoors, back against the sun (facing a wall).

Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a roof's shadow.

Outdoors, facing the sun directly.

Based on my very first (and only) time wearing these lenses I felt that the comfort appeared to be particularly good; I quite literally did not feel like I had lenses on. They were very thin and comfortable to wear! I can't grade comfort properly though as these lenses had expired (in their vials) by the time I got around to do this review due to me forgetting about their existence, oops. I only wore these for like 10 mins and I promptly discarded them immediately after I got all the review photos taken. I wouldn't be surprised if I could wear these for at least 4-5 hours if they had been a new fresh pair though. It might not sound like much for the average Joe but I have naturally really dry eyes so yeah, 4-5 hours is among the best I can do without eyedrops. 
I also want to mention that please do not wear expired lenses to conventions etc for the sake of saving money, it's just not worth the risk of messing up your vision. Just don't. 

All in all this is a pretty nice lens. The design is beautiful, unique and stands out without being all over your face. It looks bubbly and textured when worn, thanks to the varying transparency in the print. It's a cute lens with a nice green color that blends well while retaining an alluring look. I would recommend these, especially as a fashion lens – they might be okay for cosplay too but that's assuming that you want a toned-down look and mostly want to do close-up photos, as these aren't really vibrant enough to show from greater distances.

Distance photo below!


Want to see more Twinkle lenses? 
I have some other colors reviewed here: Violet, Pink, Blue

Short summary:

Color: 7/10  
A medium light and soft green. Not sure how 'olive' it is but it retains its color well and looks great.
Design: 7/10
A cute and youthful design with a dark rim. Gives a rather magical touch to your eyes.
Opacity: 6/10
I'm surprised by how covering these are! Green lenses can be really hit-or-miss on light blue eyes but these look clearly green in all lights despite their "transparent patches". Thumbs up!
Enlargement: 6/10
Somewhat big and dolly thanks to the dark limbal ring being prominent enough.
Comfort: 9/10
Appears to be exceptionally comfortable. I didn't feel them at all.
Naturalness: 5/10
Too big to fly and the design itself is somewhat too artsy. But it's definitely not screamingly unnatural either, a middle ground.

Thank you for reading my reviews~
Shiro Samurai says bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!