June 12, 2022

Lens review: RevoColour Twinkle Cherry Pink

 Hello in the house!

I will post a few circle lens reviews over the summer and the first up is going to be the RevoColour Twinkle Cherry Pink lenses which, in fact, are not very pink at all. :D I'll tap a little more on that further ahead but for now let's get straight to it!

Enjoy the read~
 


Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)
 

First things first, these lenses are sooooo not pink. Like at all. These are red as all day. I even tried to google them to make absolutely sure that I'm not misremembering the color but I came upon the horror that these lenses apparently don't exist anymore; at some point after I bought them they have been completely pulled from the market as I could not find a single store selling them and that includes HoneyColor where I remember purchasing them. So sadly I can't double-check (although I'm 99% sure I did not write the wrong name before nuking my old email order receipts) and these lenses are unavailable as well. :( Which is a shame as I really liked the design, it's quite different from the most widely used circle lens designs with its dotted appearance and dark brown limbal ring.

One lens in.

As you can see on the photo above these don't really have the slightest nudge of pink in them, rather they're a medium intensity red and a bit on the darkish end of medium too. The patterning has colored areas alternated with transparent gaps that let your real eye color through, but interestingly enough it doesn't affect the perceived color opacity much at all (is this one of those "your brain fills in the gaps when you look at the photos" type of things? xD) and the effect it provides is beautiful and really makes your eyes look interesting and, well, eye-catching. I definitely don't feel like the perceived transparency of the lenses (especially when viewed in their vials) dampen the color coverage; all it does is make the lenses look unique and alluring without being overwhelming.
Oh and yeah, there's a moderate enlargement effect. It's not gonna make heads spin or turn you into a doll thanks to the subdued limbal ring and overall dotted-in-place coloring effect. It's not as intense as on more contemporary circle lenses with very prominent thick black rims.

Lens photos incoming!
All photos taken by me during an afternoon with a mostly clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.
 
Natural room light, indoors.

Bathroom light.

Flash photo, indoors.

Unlit corridor, weak natural light in the distance.

Facing a window (indoors), not sun side.

Outdoors, back against the sun.

Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a shadow.

Outdoors, facing the sun directly.

I can't say much regarding comfort. Yes, these lenses were also part of the "stashed and forgotten for years" set. Which means, for those new to the blog, that I had put a cardboard box with lenses in some godforsaken place and literally forgotten about it for years. When I refound it all the unopened lenses inside had expired, sadly. So for a while now I've just been reviewing these forgotten lenses and then immediately discarding them once I get all review photos taken. I figured that way I might help someone along the way and haven't completely wasted my money. 
Even if the lenses feel good to wear I'm not gonna take any additional risks for comfort testing so yeah, my comfort grades are purely based on my first and only experience of wearing the lenses. I strongly recommend you never wear expired lenses, especially to events like anime conventions where you'd wear colored contact lenses for prolonged times. Don't be a cheapskate when it comes to your sight, it's irreplaceable and worth much more than saving 20 bucks!
But what little I can say regarding the comfort of this particular pair is that they were thin and overall comfortable to wear, I barely felt like I had lenses on. I do want to note though that I found the Twinkle series extremely hard to tell apart which side of the lens is the right and wrong side, so to say. The difference in the curve is so minimal that unless you're a very seasoned circle lens wearer it's hard to tell the difference! I've worn countless circle lenses *khrrm* and I still had to do a double-take!

I guess that's all I had to say. I can't really recommend to buy these anymore because they don't appear to exist in the market today, otherwise I would as this is a lovely lens. It's not pink though, I think y'all agree with me on that right? :'D I am legit sad that the Twinkle series has been seemingly discontinued indefinitely I remember being so curious about them when they first came out and I remember how there existed no reviews of them back then. Well now it does but yeah, too late. :( Oh well, here's one for the history books I guess, to remember what lenses we once had haha...

Distance photo!

 
Want to see more Twinkle lenses? 
I have some other colors reviewed here: Violet, Green, Blue

Short summary:

Color: 7/10  
If I think of them as a red lens then the color is pretty great, nice rich shade and slightly toned-down impact. As a pink lens it's simply a fraud lol.
Design: 7/10
A somewhat youthful design with a dark brown rim. Very lovely and not too intense.
Opacity: 7/10
Contrary to expectations (the design is half transparent, pretty much) the color coverage is really good!
Enlargement: 6/10
Somewhat big but due to the subdued brown rim and dotted coloration it's not very intense on the dolly department.
Comfort: 8/10
Appears to be really comfortable, thin and I don't feel them much at all. Estimated 4-5 hours on naturally very dry eyes with a knack for being sensitive too.
Naturalness: 4/10
On regards of being red they already bomb, but they're pretty toned down for being an unnatural color so it's not all bad?

Thank you for reading my reviews~
Shiro Samurai says bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!