November 24, 2021

Lens review: RevoColour Twinkle Lavender Violet

 Hi everyone!

I'm returning once more to post a new circle lens review. This time we're diving into the RevoColour Twinkle Lavender Violet, a rather soft violet lens with a lovely design.

Let's go!
 


Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)
 

As you can see the design on these is quite different from the usual bread-and-butter circle lens formula; there's a thick, albeit not very intense, black rim and a somewhat petal-shaped (or a cosmos burst?) inner design with very color-sparse sections inbetween. This implies that the lenses will have some transparency, which in turn means that your eye color might show through and likely will affect the final outcome of the lens when worn. And if you look closer you'll notice that amidst the violet dots there are some light brown dots too thrown into the mix! Very interesting.

One lens in.

Okay, so the violet is really soft and toned down. It's definitely not one of those vibrant or cosplay-esque lenses that are very color intense but it's honestly not bad either; just don't expect a costuming lens (unless you're going for close-up portraits in well illuminated areas). In some light conditions it's even hard to tell what the color of the lenses really are as my natural gray-blue kinda overpowers the violet and it just ends up looking like some dusky grayish violet.
I do like how the black rim also has the "magical dotted effect" to it (just like the main print), it makes the slight irregularity of the edges look smooth and alluring. I get the vibes that this lens is suitable for a soft fairytale aesthetic or for bringing out a youthfulness akin to childlike wonder. I noticed that the dotted, delicate design of the lens would simulate a sort of "teary-eyed" or wishful look in your eyes in good light conditions. I couldn't quite seem to catch it on camera and I thus feel like these lenses are prettier IRL and that my photos don't accurately show off their best side.
 
Lens photos below!
All photos taken by yours truly during a November noon with a mostly clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.

Indoors, yellow room light.

Bathroom light.

Flash photo.

Unlit corridor, weak natural light in the distance.

Facing a window, not sun side. (backyard view)

Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing a wall)

Outdoors, standing under roof's shadow while facing the sun.

Outdoors, facing the sun directly.

Based on my very first (and only) time wearing these lenses I felt that the comfort appeared to be extraordinarily good. They were practically invisible to wear in the sense that I didn't even feel that I had lenses on. I can't grade comfort properly though as these lenses had expired in their vials by the time I got around to do this review (I only wore them for like 15 mins, to get all photos, and then I discarded them) but they appeared to be really comfortable in every way. I wouldn't be surprised if I could wear these for at least 4-5 hours if they hadn't been expired. Oh and yeah, I have naturally really dry eyes periodically so 4-5 hours might not sound like a lot, but for me it's among the longest I can wear lenses without resorting to using eyedrops.
I also want to add that these lenses are one of those where it's really hard to tell apart the right side from the wrong side as the difference in the curve is so very slight! Might be a headache for new lens wearers who haven't got a "trained eye" yet.
 
So to sum it up I really like the design of the lenses, that's why I bought them in the first place – the unique design intrigued me. It might not be a lens suitable for cosplay but it's definitely a contender for kawaii style fashion and especially if you want to opt for a more down-to-earth, youthful look while still keeping that magical flair. I also feel like these lenses look better in real life than how they appear on photos because I did catch myself marvelling at the glistening, delicate effect these lenses create. There's something ethereal in these lenses and, while I wish the violet color would have had a little more bite to it, I can't pretend to be disappointed either. It's a nice lens and worth checking out.

Distance photo!


Here's some other RevoColour Twinkle lenses I've reviewed: Green, Pink, Blue

Short summary:

Color: 7/10  
A delicate, very soft and pastel-ish light violet mixed with a few dots of brown for extra effect.
Design: 7/10
A cute design, starry and youthful but also toned down a notch. Lively yet discreet.
Opacity: 5/10
The lens is partially transparent and how violet it looks will depend on light conditions and your natural eye color. Not good, not bad when it comes to color coverage.
Enlargement: 6/10
Somewhat big and the black limbal ring further puts focus on the size.
Comfort: 9/10
Appears to be extremely comfortable. I did not feel them at all.
Naturalness: 4/10
Too big and the design itself is too artistic. Yet for being a most unnatural color it doesn't look very unnatural.

Thank you for reading my reviews~
Shiro Samurai says bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!