November 20, 2021

Lens review: I-Codi Colors of the Wind Ever Green

Hello!
 
I'm continuing with even more lens reviews (at least these work as a respirator for the blog until I get some proper cosplay content done xD) and today I thought I'd show y'all the I-Codi Colors of the Wind Ever Green circle lenses.

Let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 38%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


I'm not gonna pretend otherwise I am quite fond of this series. The design itself is not the most unique out there but there's such a plethora of colors available that I can't but marvel. And the design is by no means boring, it's semi-natural but there is that one ~something~ that makes them really speak to me. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly it is but I just feel like the Colors of the Wind series are really easy to like as they are so versatile and thus will look good on most people and work for many different purposes, be it costuming or daily fashion.

One lens in.

In terms of size these are moderate, they're not really big but not small either. There is a black limbal ring but it's rather thin and doesn't make your eyes look super dolly or anything. The print is rather simple and somewhat mimics a real iris, although with a tinge of fantasy flair added to it.
I do also like the color coverage green lenses can be very hit or miss (depending on your natural eye color) but these show up very clearly as green and it's a rather clear green too, which is definitely a plus in my book. I also like how these seem to blend and transition nicely into my real eye color at the pupil hole, there's no obvious glaring edges where the lens meets my iris.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by yours truly during a November morning with a mostly clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.

Indoors, yellow room light.

Bathroom light.

Flash photo.

Unlit corridor, weak natural light in the distance.

Facing a window. (backyard view, not sun side)

Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)

Outdoors, facing the sun.

I can't grade comfort properly for these as they had sadly expired in their unopened vials by the time I found them. Most people who have been reading my blog for a while or so know the drill, but if you're new here the story is basically that years ago I had purchased quite a lot of circle lenses and I had put them all in a cardboard box that I had then yeeted somewhere safe and forgotten about.. until somewhat recently. Much to my disappointment everything in the box had expired and so I'm now trying to at least get reviews done, to help the community, and thus not have my moolah completely wasted. With that said, please don't wear expired lenses I'm only wearing them long enough to get all necessary review photos taken (which takes approximately 10-20 minutes) and then I immediately discard the lenses.
So yeah, what little I can say regarding my short time wearing these lenses is that they were thin, overall comfortable and I barely felt them in my eyes. They were easy to insert but just be aware that this is one of those lenses where it's rather hard for inexperienced contact lens wearers to tell the right side from the wrong side. Oh and yeah, I'm assuming that if these lenses had been fresh I probably could have worn them for 4-5 or so hours, which is good in my standards as I have naturally really dry and somewhat sensitive eyes (I periodically have to use eyedrops daily).

All in all Colors of the Wind series is a fun and somewhat playful collection of lenses. There's tons of colors to choose from and they fit a lot of different purposes unless you're trying to go for a really over-the-top style, then these might be on the fence of being "too natural". Although they are more semi-natural due to the good color payoff, slightly enhanced size and just general fanciness. I find this series very likable, even as a cosplayer, and I would recommend checking it out if you want a lot to choose from.

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 7/10
A really nice, somewhat deep and darkish green that has this alluring pull to it.

Design: 8/10
Mimics a real iris and it also sports a thin black limbal ring, simple but very versatile.
Opacity: 7/10 
Great color coverage and the lens transitions somewhat smoothly into my iris, despite the notable color difference.
Enlargement: 4/10
Moderate size enlargement, it's not a lot but it's still clearly noticeable.
Comfort: 8/10 
Appears to be thin, comfy and easy to insert. I barely felt them at all.
Naturalness: 5/10
The color itself, for being green, is a bit too rich to really fly but otherwise not bad.

Thanks for reading, I hope you found this review helpful~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!