November 22, 2021

Lens review: I-Codi Colors of the Wind Leaf Green

 Hello again!
 
I'm back with another circle lens review and this time I'm continuing with the greens, woop! It's time for the I-Codi Colors of the Wind Leaf Green and let's-a-go immediately~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 38%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)
 

I don't think it's a surprise by now that I like green lenses a lot, despite the lurking danger that green lenses can be quite a hit or miss for blue-eyed people like me. xD But I've also noticed that, so far, none of my green lenses from the Colors of the Wind series have been shit and thus I also feel rather strongly that this is a quality series. Color coverage has always been pretty good and it's a massive bonus that there's so many colors to choose from in this set too, you're sure to be infatuated by at least something lol!
 
One lens in.
 
This is a lightish, somewhat mossy green lens that is really pleasant in my opinion. The shade of green has this nature-near feeling (think like leaves on a tree or something) and I love how that simple, semi-natural patterning in the lens really adds an alluring pull to it with those faint black streaks. This color just looks so good on my eyes and the blending is rather sublime too, there's no harsh edges where the lens meets my iris! It should also be noted that for being a light green lens the color coverage and general opacity of the pigment is really good; it somehow lands on that golden middle road where it has enough color intensity to clearly change the appearance of my eyes while also not being so much that it would cease to look semi-natural.
Oh and yeah, regarding the enlargement effect these land on the rather moderate scale. There's not a huge chunk of size improvement but it's definitely enough to be noticed. So basically no dolly kawaii eyes but rather this size that is flattering on a large array of eye shapes and styles.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by yours truly during a November morning with a mostly clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.
 
Indoors, natural room light.

Indoors, yellow room light.

Bathroom light.

Flash photo.

Facing a window. (not sun side)

Outdoor, back against the sun. (facing wall)

Outdoors, facing the sun.

And as always I can't grade comfort properly for these as they had expired (in their unopened vials) by the time I found them. If you've been reading my blog for a while you know the story, but if you're new here I'll write it down once more lol. So basically the story is that I had purchased a sizeable amount of circle lenses a long time ago and I had put them all in a cardboard box that I had then put away somewhere and then forgotten about.. for literal years. You can safely guess that everything in said box had expired when I found it. :) Fuck my life and so on.
So what I'm doing now is that I'm trying to review every single pair in said doomed box, to at least help the community before I throw 'em all away. With that said, please don't wear expired lenses! I'm only wearing them long enough to get all necessary review photos taken (which takes around 10-20 minutes) and then I immediately yeet them into the garbage bin.
So yeah, comfort. What little I can say is that during my short time wearing these beauties they were thin to the point I barely felt them in my eyes and overall they seemed to be really comfortable. I'm assuming I could have worn these for 4-5 or so hours if they had been fresh, which is solid in my standards as I have naturally really dry and rather sensitive eyes.

All in all Colors of the Wind series is a beautiful collection of lenses that comes in so many color variations that you're sure to find something you like. The Leaf Green color is honestly wonderful in my book and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it forward if you're on the search for this kind of green shade that fills your imagination with a lush, sleeping forest. It's not every day that you run into this kind of tender, soft green shade that doesn't simply turn into a muddy mess on blue-gray eyes.

Distance photo!
 
 
Short summary:

Color: 8/10
Gorgeous, alluring, delicate yet lively soft green.
Huge nature vibes.
Design: 8/10
Mimics a real iris yet has enough punch to turn heads. Rather magical, in fact.
Opacity: 8/10 
For being such a light green the color coverage is stellar!
Enlargement: 4/10
There's some size enhancement but it's not too much.
Comfort: 8/10 
Appears to be thin, comfy and very wearable. I didn't really feel that I had lenses on much at all.
Naturalness: 6/10
Somewhat too big but otherwise passable, as long as no one looks too close. Semi-realistic.

Thanks for reading my blog~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!