August 5, 2020

Lens review: Vassen Sweet Bliss Violet

Hello!

It is time for the second last review of the Vassen Sweet Bliss series, namely the Vassen Sweet Bliss Violet! These lenses sometimes go under the alternative name Vassen Cloud Nine Violet but it's the same lens. I've said it before but I'll say it again – this is a great lens for anime style eyes and cosplayers!

Without further ado, let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 55% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


This is a lens with a design that grabs your attention. There's this bold, intense black rim with cute tiny black lines running along it that creates a cartoony feel. The color placement is in "teary eye" shaped blocks with varying transparency and these are honestly adorable. It's such an unique way to do the color instead of just taking the usual approach and I really like it a lot. It is true that some spots are more see-through than others with these lenses as the gaps between the blocks, so to say, allows your real eye color to peek a little and this in turn creates a beautiful effect.

One lens in.
How can you not love these?? That's such an amazing violet shade, it's so ethereal and magical! I am absolutely in awe, this is easily one of my favorite shades when it comes to violet lenses. The color is so bright and youthful, perfectly unnatural yet soothing and I could drown in these for days. I'm falling in love with violet lenses all over again, ahaha. ;w;

These are big and cute so there's definitely a dolly effect going on and yeah, the color coverage is great. I really like how unobtrusive my real eye color is with these lenses, despite how it shows a little bit – it's almost like it's meant to be there by design. These are really pleasing and look great on light eyes, it maybe even adds to the whole fairytale feel~

Lens photos ahead ~
All photos taken by me during an August noon with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.
 
Indoors natural room light.
Indoors yellow room light.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Facing a window, not sun side. (backyard window)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
As with the previous lenses I found these too late, they had expired by the time I found the cardboard box I had stored them in (I weep) so sadly I can't grade comfort accurately. I only wore these beauties for about 20 minutes while taking the photos for this review and then I discarded the lenses for safety reasons, even though they felt okay to wear. Just don't wear expired lenses to events, okay? Yes, people seriously do that I once met a person who casually said that they were wearing over 2 years old lenses at an anime convention (as in they had the lenses open and in use for that long) and I think my brain just up and died. God please no.

What I can tell from my first and only impression of wearing these lenses they were thin, I barely felt them in my eyes except for that the left lens was a lil' bit scratchy but nothing too bad. There might have been a slight case of colored corners in my vision but that's to be expected when the pupil hole is a tad smaller than on average circle lenses, especially in poorer light conditions. 
I have naturally very dry and sensitive eyes so I can't wear circle lenses as long as most other people, but I am assuming that if these lenses had been fresh I could possibly have worn them anywhere between 3-5 hours, which is pretty good in my standards. I mean I'm one of those who have to occasionally spam eyedrops in daily life (I wear glasses, not lenses) because my eyes decide to be little shits.

But honestly this is such a gorgeous lens and if you have any inclination to be drawn towards unnatural colors you should definitely try these out. It's such a mesmerizing shade of light violet and combined with the 'anime' eye look its beauty is without words! I would have loved to wear these lenses for longer and I definitely will consider repurchasing them shall the need arise. It's a perfect lens for cosplay, magical looks, cutesy styles and any kind of mystical creatures like elves, fairies and the like. 

Distance photo!


Want to see Sweet Bliss lenses in other colors?
Check these out: Gray, Brown, Green, Pink, Red, Blue
 
Short summary:

Color: 10/10
One of the most beautiful light violet lenses
I've tried! Ethereal and full of magic.
Design: 9/10 

Mesmerizing "teary eye" style lens that has the added bonus of making you look like a manga character.
Opacity: 8/10 
Great coverage and goes well with light eyes.
Enlargement: 8/10
Big and definitely on the dolly scale.
Comfort: 7/10 
Appears to be good. Thin and I barely felt them, except the left lens was a bit scratchy (possibly just dirt I did not get out). Estimated 3-5 hours of wear on dry eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
This design is not meant to look natural.

Thanks for reading this review, hope you found it useful!

1 comment:

  1. Hey !
    Just discovered your blog and your reviews are incredibly helpfull !
    There is so much details and precisions, thank you so much !
    And lots of website only show the lens on dark brown eyes so it was really livesaver to be able to see how they'll be doing on light eyes !

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!