August 31, 2020

Lens review: Bella Lunar Yellow

Hi there!

I'm back with a new circle lens review again, woop! This time I'm bringing another completely new experience as I'm trying out the Bella brand – it's time to review the Bella Lunar Yellow! I bought these from a limited flash sale at Momoko Lens some few years back, I am not affiliated with their site but thought I'd mention where I got these lenses in case anyone wonders. Sadly I've been utterly unable to find this pair on their site since then so yeah, it's possible that this lens is unavailable now. :(

But I will still review them so let's go~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 40% 
Life span: 1 year




Another lens brand that comes in blisters! I'm new to this type of packaging but just like the other lenses I bought from the same store these also came in blisters. I have two more blister lenses yet to review and yes, it's a pain to get them to photograph when compared to normal glass vials.

I had a feeling that these lenses would be hella intense and I was not wrong! I popped one into my eye and all I could hear in my head was Samuel L Jackson saying "motherfucker".

One lens in.
Mother of god, now we're talking! I was expecting these to be bright but holy momma's spaghetti I'm floored! Already when you view these bad boys in the blisters you can see how bright they are but I did not expect them to retain all that insane coverage. Heck, if anything it feels like they got even brighter?! My eyes are radioactive lmao, this is some whack shit right here!

I flippin' love these okay, like no joke. That yellow color is unapologetically all over your face and it's so bright I'd be surprised if it doesn't show up in virtually any light conditions. Imagine these in rave parties, Halloween nights and anything you can cook up! The possibilities for bold statements and funky fashion looks are there!!
The design itself is quite unique and eyecatching with those triangles bordering the edges, the yellow itself has a streaky, speed-burstish style on the colored part and it adds a lot of intensity to your gaze. There's a thin black rim to spice things up but thankfully, in this case, it's slim enough to not create a dolly effect as that would kinda ruin the look I feel like these lenses inhabit? These are monster eyes, hands down.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during an August afternoon with a clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.
Indoors, yellow room light.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Unlit corridor, weak natural light in the distance.
Facing the window, not sun side. (backyard view)
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
The best part? Comfort is great! I literally don't even notice that I'm wearing lenses for the first couple hours, which is rare as my eyes are extremely dry and sensitive naturally. These lenses are thin, invisible to wear and all in all a treat. It should be noted though that the pupil hole is slightly smaller than average, which means that there's occasionally some minor yellow blur in the corners of my vision but as I said this is super slight and honestly I barely notice it. I managed to easily wear these lenses for 3 hours on a day on which my eyes were already dry before I put them in, which is quite a feat. I am quite confident that I could wear these for 5, maybe 6 hours on a good eye day. 

There is honestly nothing I dislike with these yellow beasts. Comfort is great, color payoff is insane, they have all the attitude in the world and this is the perfect lens for all of us who loves a tinge of the scary and unnatural stuff in our everyday lives. Whether you are into cyberpunk, cosplay or dressing up as vampires or werewolves this is a lens that I'd wholly recommend if you can find them.

Distance photo~


Check out this other Bella Luna review I did: Red
 
Short summary:

Color: 10/10
Hell to the yes, hyper vibrant yellow that shows up amazingly!

Design: 8/10 

Quite original design with triangles at the edges, gives a sense of speed and power.
Opacity: 10/10 
This is crazy lens levels of coverage on a fashion lens. Shit is lit!
Enlargement: 5/10
Rather average enlargement. Perfect in this case.
Comfort: 9/10 
Amazing. I literally don't feel them for the first few hours despite having naturally very dry eyes. Can easily wear them for 3 hours on a bad day. Estimated 5-6 hours on a good day. So comfy I forget I'm wearing lenses!
Naturalness: 0/10
Nononononono.

Thanks for reading this review, more will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!