September 13, 2019

Lens review: Vassen Sweet Bliss Pink

Hello folks~

Today's review will be about the Vassen Sweet Bliss Pink, sometimes also known as Vassen Cloud Nine Pink. This is a very anime looking lens, in my opinion, and thus I feel like it works best for j-fashion and cosplay. I'm falling behind again with reviews, I really need to pick up speed before polar night kicks in and makes reviewing a lot harder.

Let's do this!


Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm

Water content: 42% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



I remember being super curious about these lenses when I bought them a long-ass time ago, but because I've had a really rough time the past years I completely forgot to do reviews, while I still had plenty of time, and so I am now rushing to review lenses that have, in fact, already expired. :( I immediately threw these away after taking the photos for this review; I do not recommend wearing expired lenses.

One lens in.
This is a lens with a quite unique design! There's this thick, striking black rim with black lines running along it that creates a very cartoony effect. The color is within these "teary eye" styled blocks with different levels of transparency, which in turn makes it so that the lenses don't look as crazy and over-the-top as they might otherwise have looked. Also, because of the transparent lines separating the, well, color blocks, your real eye color will show through between the lines but this actually creates a nice effect! And if anyone wonders my natural eye color is a light grayish blue.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a September noon with a clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Facing a window. (not sun side)
Poor distant natural light, aka unlit corridor.
Flash photo indoors.
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing the wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun.
Outdoors, on the backyard. (shadow side)
This is a big, bold and colorful lens – just like Vassen lenses usually are. There's a distinct dolly eye effect and the color is really vibrant and shows up from quite afar, which is always a good thing when posing for photographs. The Sweet Bliss series are definitely cute and look really youthful and almost innocent in a way, it's a fun lens and I must admit that one thing that surprised me was how different the color appeared depending on the lights!

My first mpressions of comfort were good, better than average. Again, do note that my comfort grade is based solely on the time I spent taking the review photos (10-30 minutes) and thus it's not necessarily very accurate nor fair (as the lenses had expired) and thus I remind you all to take comfort grades with a grain of salt. But from what I could tell these lenses are on the thinner side and felt comfortable and I didn't feel them much at all in my eyes. I would estimate wearing time to be around the 4-5 hour mark on my super dry eyes, which is generous.

If you want a pink lens that really pops and looks super adorable then you might want to consider getting the Vassen Sweet Bliss Pinks! It's not a lens for everyone but if you prefer fancy and colorful over natural and discreet then you're in for a treat with these. These lenses sport a great color coverage and will work really well for any bishoujo and bishounen characters in particular – for some reason series like Sailor Moon comes to mind!

Distance photo below~


Want to see Sweet Bliss lenses in other colors?
Check these out: Gray, Brown, Green, Red, Violet, Blue
 
Short summary:

Color: 8/10
Really sweet, intense and cute pink shade!

Design: 9/10
Cartoony "teary eye" look that reminds me of mahou shoujo (magical girl) anime series.
Opacity: 7/10 
Good coverage, my eyes look clearly pink. Real eye color does peek through in some parts though, due to the transparency in the design.
Enlargement: 8/10
Very dolly and adorable! Big size.
Comfort: 7/10 
Better than average. Thin, comfy and quite invisible to wear. Estimated wearing time 4-5 hours on ultra dry eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
These surely won't fly if you're trying to convince someone it's your actual eyes...

Thanks for reading my blog!
Shiro Samurai out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!