September 21, 2019

Lens review: I.Fairy Nova Green

Hello fellow unicorns!

It's time for yet another circle lens review as I'm slowly working through my massive backlog. ^^" Today's lens in the I.Fairy Nova Green, sometimes also known as Vassen Nova Green. This is a lens that I had wanted to try and been super curious about for years!

Let's roll~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16.2 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


This is a rather anime looking lens, in my opinion, but when you look at the lenses in their glass bottles they don't seem to have a lot of color going on. I was a bit worried about how much these would actually show up when worn and if the green color would get muddled on my blue-gray eyes. Luckily my worries were mostly for nothing.

One lens in.
The green color is beautiful and it does this magical inbetween of blending and still being rather bold and vivid at the same time. I quite frankly love the effect as it creates a rather alluring look without overdoing anything. Actually, when one looks closer you'll notice that the design itself kinda has a swirly pattern to it and that the colored parts mostly are shaped like more or less overlapping triangles. This gives varying levels of transparency, which in turn makes the blending effect really smooth while still keeping an almost "teary eyed" look. I think it's a lovely, versatile lens.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a September noon with a semi-cloudy sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Bathroom light.
Unlit corridor, poor natural light in the distance.
Flash photo.
Facing a window, not sun side. (weirdly blue for some reason)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun.
The green color is like a grassy, summery and fresh green. I'm surprised by how vivid it is despite how "pale" the lenses look when not worn. It makes me think of forest elves and such!

Comfort is based on first impressions only (lenses had sadly expired so I took these photos and prompty discarded them after) but from what I could tell the Nova Greens were very comfortable! I didn't feel them at all as they were basically invisible to wear, thin and overall comfy. I did notice a slight blurring of my vision but it was really minor and not always present. I would estimate wearing time on super dry eyes to be around 4-5 hours, which is good. It would probably equal like 6-8 hours if you happen to be blessed with more "normal eyes" lol.

I would recommend these lenses if you like green lenses in general as the color payoff is surprisingly good and the overall effect of the lens is really pretty when worn. It lands somewhere between magical and semi-natural and I love it they are great for fantasy costuming, cosplay and j-fashion and anything else that you can think of! 

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 8/10 

Lovely fresh, summery green with a lot of life in it! Hard to not like.
Design: 7/10
Swirly, super pretty design that creates a "teary eyed", magical look. Youthful.
Opacity: 6/10
I wasn't expecting these to be as covering as they were. Definitely sufficient!
Enlargement: 8/10
Big and doll-like.
Comfort: 7/10
Very good. Thin and invisible to wear. Estimated 4-5 hours on super dry eyes. Might slightly blur vision?
Naturalness: 4/10
Excuse the size and these land somewhere along the lines of potentially semi-natural. Maybe.

 Thanks for checking out this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!