September 23, 2019

Lens review: ICK Adora Red

Hello in da house!

It's time to review a really red circle lens, namely the ICK Adora Red! Not gonna lie, these scream cosplay from the get-go and that's exactly why I originally wanted to try them. Now let's do this!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 42%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


You can tell already by looking at the lenses that they are gonna be bold as fuck! They look very anime and cartoony and that's exactly why I got them. There's not a huge stack of red lenses available so every time I find one that looks like it's gonna be amazing I really have to review them!

One lens in.
I'm not disappointed. At all. These are boss as hell, just look at that intensity! Like WOAH, perfect cosplay lens! I love how the red is not this fullblown crazy red and at least tries to be a more believable red instead of being that kind that lits up a dark room because it's so fake-looking lol.

These are on the bigger side and the design itself is rather dolly looking with a strong, vibrant color and a defined black limbal ring. The red shade in itself is really likable and I can definitely see these being used for a whole plethora of manga, anime and even video game character cosplays. Also, maybe it's just me but I feel like the pupil opening is smaller than average on what circle lenses tend to have, especially lenses of similar size. That's a good thing as it lessens the "clashing effect", especially on light-eyed individuals like me.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by yours truly during a September noon with a semi-cloudy sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Bathroom light.
Unlit corridor, poor distant natural light.
Flash photo.
Facing window, not sun side. (weirdly blue for some reason)
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing sun.
Outdoors, backyard. (shadow side)
These lenses are unmistakably red, really colorful and visible in virtually any light conditions! I feel like I'm gushing a lot but these are really amazing in terms of design and color and I wish I hadn't forgotten that I had these so that I could have gotten actual use for them. :'( Oh well, will definitely repurchase later when needed.

Regarding comfort this is where the letdown came. Please bear in mind that these lenses had expired by the time I did this review, sadly, and so I immediately discarded them after taking these photos. This means that my comfort is solely based on like 10-30 minutes of first impressions and thus it's very likely not all that accurate nor fair. With all that said I felt that while the lenses were thin I did constantly feel them in my eyes, they were scratchy and stung a little. Estimated wearing time 2-3 hours on super dry and sensitive eyes, which is not a lot. I will likely repurchase these one day and once I do that I will update this review with a more accurate comfort grading.

Unless it wasn't very clear already then these lenses are a really solid cosplay lens that is well worth getting if you need something that really shows up and is visible from a distance as well. It's  a costuming lens, a lens for bold fashion styles and people who really wanna spice things up. As I mentioned earlier I wish I would have gotten around to these sooner as I would have absolutely loved to wear these to an anime convention!

Distance photo below.


Wanna see other Adora lenses?
I've reviewed a few: Violet
 
Short summary:

Color: 9/10
Amazing red lenses, very visible and great color!

Design: 8/10
It's simple but it's extremely versatile because of that.
Opacity: 9/10
Very good color coverage, I can't complain about anything. It's not mega-screamo-illuminating but it's perfect!
Enlargement: 8/10
Big and with a dolly, animated look. Did I say cosplay?
Comfort: 3/10
Thin but scratchy and I constantly feel them. Stings a little too. Likely because lenses had expired though, so this could very well be an inaccurate grade so don't take it as truth.
Naturalness: 1/10
Pffft.

Thank for checking this review out!
Shiro Samurai says bubai~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!