September 15, 2019

Lens review: GEO Xtra Lotus Green

Good morning everyone!

Today I'll review the GEO Xtra Lotus Green circle lenses, which can also be identified by their code number thingy WFL-A13. It's a big, really sparkly and wonderful lens that I absolutely adore!

Now let's go~



Base curve: 8.8 mm
Diameter: 14.8 mm
Water content: 40±2%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


This is a really big GEO lens, so if that's not your cup of tea you might want to steer clear from these. GEO is one of the few brands that carries both big and small circle lenses so one should always pay attention to the diameter with them, even though based on my experiences the stated diameter doesn't always accurately reflect the actual size of the lens when worn.

The Xtra Lotus lenses are a part of GEO's Xtra Flower series and the extra in the name of course refers to the extra big size! And as with any genuine GEO lenses they should come with authenticity stickers that you can check up online to prove that your received pair is real. Yes, counterfeit lenses exist and should be avoided at all costs – if a lens store looks shady and too good to be true, it probably is.

One lens in.
It's a lovely lens with a crystal-like appearance. The blending effect is beautiful and the jagged limbal ring actually doesn't look jarring at all! One might think that such a fancy pattern would be all over your face but it hits that mark of perfection on which it's discreet and absolutely gorgeous at the same time. There's something with the artsy design that makes the lenses look delicate and lively, it could be how the design makes the lenses appear several different shades of green and these shades create a depth and a "soul" to the eye. I feel like I'm just rambling on by now but there's something special with these lenses that really appeals to me!

Lens photos incoming!
All photos taken by me during a September noon with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Facing a window, not sun side.
Poor distant natural light. Unlit corridor.
Flash photo indoors.
Outdoors, back against the sun. Facing wall.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
Outdoors on the backyard. (shadow side)
I feel like these lenses really brings out the little hints of green that I have in my natural eye color, which is a grayish blue in most lights. The transition between the lens and my eye is almost seamless and I love the effect. These lenses makes my eyes look youthful and sparkling and, while I personally don't care much for a "moe" effect I feel like these lenses stay within a sorta natural realm and thus don't look very anime at all and instead feel versatile.

Comfort appeared to be great based on my short time with these lenses (they had expired, I took these photos and threw them away after ;_; *sniff*) as I literally didn't feel them in my eyes at all and they were super thin too! I would estimate wearing time at least around the 4-5 hours on super dry eyes, and yes, that is more than average for me as my eyes really are insanely dry.

All in all I would recommend these lenses if you like this kind of, umm what should I call it, "everyday fantasy" look. It's a lovely lens, really alluring and I can't help but think of beautiful beings like elves and fairies when I saw how these lenses glistened in the sun. Great for fashion, live-action roleplaying and possibly also cosplay. I would repurchase these lenses just for fun because they are that pretty!

Distance photo~


Want to see Xtra Lotus lenses in other colors?
I have reviewed a few: Gray, Violet, Brown
 
Short summary:

Color: 8/10
Beautiful, alluring and fantasy-like forest green.
Design: 8/10
Detailed and artistic lotus inspired print that looks like crystals. It's mesmerizing!
Opacity: 5/10
Makes my eyes look clearly green but in a semi-natural way. Extremely smooth blending effect.
Enlargement: 7/10
On the bigger side but they lack a distinct artificially dolly look, in my opinion.
Comfort: 7/10
Invisible to wear, thin and super comfy. Estimated wearing time 4-5 hours on mega dry eyes.
Naturalness: 5/10
Ignore the size and these look far more natural than what one might initially expect.

Thanks for reading! I hope you found this review helpful~
Shiro Samurai out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!