January 17, 2020

Lens review: GEO Xtra Lotus Violet

Eeey, I'm back for one more!

Yep, one more lens review coming up for you folks and it's the GEO Xtra Lotus Violet, which can also be identified under their code ID number thingy WFL-A11. This is a big, super pretty and gleamy lens that has an almost ethereal touch to it. I surely like it!

Let's get this over with~



Base curve: 8.8 mm
Diameter: 14.8 mm
Water content: 40±2%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


GEO is a super popular lens brand and they have both big and small lenses available. The Xtra Lotus series belong on the big side, just like the Xtra in the name implies. The Xtra Lotus lenses are a part of GEO's Xtra Flower series. As with any genuine GEO lenses they should come with authenticity stickers that you can check up online to prove that your received pair is not a fake. Yes, counterfeit lenses exist so please be careful with from what store you buy your lenses from.

As always, put your lenses to soak at least overnight before wearing them for the first time. I always do that because my eyes are sensitive.

One lens in.
These lenses have a rather soft, mellow violet tone. It's not all over your face in all honesty it's quite discreet and it goes well with my natural eye color. I have light eyes, a grayish blue and these lenses blend surprisingly well despite violet not being a natural color.
The design has these jagged, crystal-like patterns that make up the print in various colors, both gray and violet hues. I guess they are supposed to look like lotus flowers and they do, it's just that my first thought is of crystals. xD Whatever you see them as it is a really pretty, mesmerizing print and color! Oh and yeah, there is a dark, rather prominent black rim at the edges to create the illusion of even bigger eyes.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a January noon with a mostly clear sky and a really low-sitting sun because of polar night. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Unlit corridor. Poor natural light in the distance.
Facing the window, indoors. (not sun side)
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing sun while it's hidden behind a roof.
Outdoors, facing a glimpse of the sun.
I can't really grade comfort more than my first impressions allow, that's simply because sadly these lenses had expired before I got time to do this review. But from what I can tell they seemed super comfortable, really thin and invisible to wear despite the big size! Really comfortable all in all and I estimate that I could probably wear these for 4-5 hours, which is pretty good because my eyes are dry as all hell naturally. I guess it would be almost up to 7-8 hours if you have more, well, "normal eyes" hah.

This is a really beautiful, captivating lens with a precious sparkling design. I really like these, they are so pleasant to look at and really work well with my natural eye color. I wish I would have had more time with these lenses than just doing this review but oh well, no can do. I'd consider repurchasing these someday, especially for street fashion and fabulous days. They might work for cosplay too but I feel like they just might be a beauty lens first. Really lovely regardless. I swear there's something with the design and how it reflects light, in some angles, so that it looks like your eyes are shimmering.

Distance photo!


Want to see Xtra Lotus lenses in other colors?
I have reviewed a few: Gray, Green, Brown

Short summary:

Color: 8/10
Alluring and absolutely beautiful soft violet shade that looks amazing on light blue eyes.
Design: 8/10
A detailed lotus inspired print that looks like crystals. It's so precious and cute.
Opacity: 5/10
Due to the smooth blending and soft color these have a natural opacity. Hues of violet instead of full coverage.
Enlargement: 7/10
On the bigger side for sure, but they are not eating up my eyes. The perfect size.
Comfort: 7/10
Invisible to wear, thin and just really comfy all in all. Estimated wearing time 4-5 hours on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 4/10
Save for the dark rim and size these are somewhat passable, at least from a distance, because the color is so delicate.

Thanks for reading! I hope you found this review to be of use~
Shiro Samurai out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!