January 13, 2020

Lens review: I.Fairy Macaron Blue

Hello peeps!

Time to start the new year with a circle lens review and yes, I'm finally seeing an end to all these overdue reviews. x) Today I'm showing you all the I.Fairy Macaron Blue, a cute and super bright lens without any dark limbal ring.

Let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 42%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



I remember having these lying around for years, I originally bought them completely out of curiosity and not because I actually needed them for anything, ya know? Sometimes you just want to try something for the hell of  it. Yeah, it happens.

Actually, for being an I.Fairy lens these are in fact not that big. I.Fairy lenses are typically huge and really moe but these are quite, umm, shall I say moderate? Of course they are still big but I think it is the design itself that somehow affects the illusion. Aaargh, I think I'm just rambling on at this point but I hope you get what I mean. xD

One lens in.
Okay so I popped one lens in and the color is insane! It's like this absolutely unapologetic neon blue  that makes you think of wild parties and pop art. It's super cool in its own way and if you like really colorful lenses that basically scream I HAVE CRAZY EYES then you'll probably dig these, lol. I do like them, not gonna lie – they are really intense, a bit freaky and just totally swag. I feel like this is a party lens or for anything that's supposed to be supernatural in some way?  

The design has these streaky parts running towards the center and the colored area, at least in comparison to most other circle lenses, is actually quite slim. Also, depending on your iris size these could potentially look really weird, especially if you know that you have small irises. I noticed that sometimes the outer rim of my natural iris would kinda peek out where the colored parts of the lens starts and this look equal parts cool and dumb depending on where your gaze is focused, aka if any white got between your eye's iris line and the lens or not.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a January noon with a mostly clear sky and a really low-sitting sun because of polar night. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.
Indoors, yellow room light.
Bathroom light.
Unlit corridor. Poor distant natural light.
Flash photo.
Indoors, facing window. (not sun side)
Outdoors, back against sun. Facing wall.
Outdoors, facing the sun while it's hidden behind a roof.
Outdoors, catching a glimpse of the sun.
Comfort seems pretty okay based on my first impressions. I apologize but I can't grade these lenses for comfort (at least not fairly) because they had sadly expired by the time I got around to do this review, which means that I quite literally just took these photos and then immediately discarded the lenses. But from my short time wearing these I'd say that they felt really thin and almost invisible to wear. Overall they seemed comfortable but maybe a bit dryish or perhaps a slight, occasional irritation? I'm honestly not sure, it could just as well be my eyes because I do have really dry eyes naturally and trust me, it sucks monkey balls. :)) Oh well, I'd still estimate wearing time to be around the 3-5 hour mark on dry eyes, probably something like 4-6 hours on more "normal eyes", whatever that is.

What more can I say? I would recommend these lenses, especially if you are that kind of person who enjoys really funky and out-of-the-ordinary fashion styles. These will surely turn heads and they look far from natural (despite a lot of your real eye color showing in the middle) so it's a fun lens to spice things up and definitely great for parties and for costuming any supernatural beings like witches, warlocks, necromancers, spirits and such.

Distance photo below, eey.


Short summary:

Color: 9/10 

If you are looking for a super funky, intense neon blue, then I'd say you've found it.
Design: 7/10
It's simple but it works. If anything I do kinda wish the colored area would be larger but eh, it's fine as is.
Opacity: 9/10
If we only count opacity for the actually pigmented parts then hell yeah, these are covering!
Enlargement: 6/10
Big but not as big as you'd expect I.Fairy lenses to be, possibly due to the lack of a limbal ring.
Comfort: 7/10
Appears to be fine. Invisible and thin to wear, perhaps a bit drying? Expected 3-5 hours of wear time on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 1/10
Ain't nobody got eyes like this, hahaha.

 Thanks for checking out this review! Have a good 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!