December 31, 2019

Year of Cosplay 2019

Hello peeps!

Okay, so 2019 is soon ending and it feels just as weird as all previous years. Even weirder when you stop for a moment and realize it's actually the end of not just another year but another decade depending on how you count. *chronophobia intensifies*

Honestly, I don't even know why I'm even doing this anymore. This feels like some meme joke at this point because my active cosplaying has been dwindling these past few years. Yeah, I know, I keep telling myself that next year will be better but it hasn't been yet, lmao! I'm still holding on to that hope that eventually I'll get back into it and to be honest I've had a few lightbulb moments this year and I think where I want to be heading next to get that long-gone enjoyment back. 
But before we get to that I'll post the traditional list of cons that I've attended this year below.

Kummacon - Oulu, Finland
Matsucon - Oulu, Finland

That's... literally it. I actually had to double check but it's true, I've only been to two small cons this  year and funnily enough both were in Oulu. I would have gone to Skecon too, as I've been there every year since its debut, but I got the sad news that for the first time ever there would simply be no Skecon in 2019. I am assuming that it's because of economical reasons as I know they've been struggling with that, but I also hope that things will get better and that Skecon will return next year. Would be a shame to see it go after all these years. :/ 

Okay so, umm, what can I say? 2019 has been almost non-existent in the cosplay department – it's my worst year to date. Like I have barely done anything cosplay related or well, I have, but it's not finished and I have not posted about it yet on this blog. ^^" The only cosplay related things I've posted about have been about Star Wars, namely the Luke Skywalker cosplay review and my time as a random Jedi at Kummacon. That's it. 
But honestly though, it's been refreshing. I've had time to charge my batteries and really think about how I want to do this geeky hobby in the future and I've come to the conclusion that, at least for a while, I will put priority on doing video game and western fandom cosplays and see how that makes me feel because hey, being a Jedi at Kummacon was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Yeah I'll admit, it was a low effort cosplay but it had its merits and it actually made me less stressed about my costume and thus able to enjoy the convention more. I'm currently also working on a video game character cosplay at school, like hinted above, and I think the first WIP post about that will be out early 2020, so stay tuned for the reveal.

...
...
...
Hahaha. Just no.


There ain't gonna be a fancy actual cosplay compilation photo this year either. Simply because I only wore one cosplay and there's like only one photo of it, rip. xD Well at least I've started to get some clarity in what to do and slowly, maybe, the passion is creeping back in – hopefully it means that in 2020 I will get something new done. 
I have to say though that having watched Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker three times now in the cinema has given me a newfound hype and passion! I really, really want to cosplay a certain version of a character from the movie as soon as possible. Not giving details because of spoilers. I experienced such a massive wave of emotions and I can't stop thinking about it; the movie is very good and I'm not gonna lie, probably my favorite of all Star Wars movies to date. So yeah, I'm really hoping to get started on that particular cosplay soon as a genuine giddy excitement is there; it's been a longass time since I last felt so much for a fictional character.

Here's a little list of what I wore at the cons I attended this year:

Kummacon: Random Jedi, as in a nameless Jedi (OC?) that I threw together from both Jedi costume parts and parts from other things in my closet.
Matsucon: I was a part of the work force so I went casual.

As I only attended two cons this year I don't have much to pick from when it comes to which was my favorite. I enjoyed both but I'd pick Kummacon because of the refreshments from being in a new con building, the surprising amount of interactions I got in my Jedi garb and bonding with other Star Wars costumers.

~~~

I think I've mentioned about everything I had planned to say something about. I really hope that 2020 will be better because 2019 was honestly just depressing as all fuck. I feel like I might be slowly getting back but I don't dare say anything for sure yet, but at least there are a few costumes right now that I really want to make and that's a good thing.

And before I leave this year behind I want to thank all my friends who are still supporting me, my readers and everyone else who happens to visit my blog I hope you all have a fruitful new year ahead. Thank you so much for staying with me and checking out my ramblings in here. I will try to produce more actual cosplay content this coming new decace.

Bye bye & Happy New Year 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!