July 21, 2020

Lens review: Vassen Sweet Bliss Red

Hello folks~

Today's review will be about the Vassen Sweet Bliss Red, sometimes also known as Vassen Cloud Nine Red. This is an amazing lens for cosplay, it really pops and the color is awesome!

Let's do this!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 55% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


This is a lens with a design that stands out! There's this bold, striking black rim with small black lines running along it that creates a very cartoony effect. The color is placed in what to me looks like "teary eye" styled blocks with varying transparency. This is quite an unique way to do the color and one might think that, with such an intense shade of red, that the lenses would look really over-the-top when worn but it actually looks just perfect due to the opacity not being solid all through.Yes, some spots are more see-through than others but this is a clever way to slightly lessen the unnatural impact, even if red lenses are unnatural by default lol. What I'm saying is that if the design was different these would look a lot freakier and more like crazy style lenses.

One lens in.
OMGGGGG these are so beautiful!? Like holy crud I'm kicking myself for forgetting that I had these because these lenses would have been so frickin' perfect for cosplay. ;_; Yes, sadly these had expired by the time I found that forgotten cardboard box I had stashed them in. Fuck my life. And it's not like they were the only pretty lenses in that box, rip. 
Oh well, I got to wear them for the review at least and now I definitely know that these are on the repurchase list for when I need red lenses again! It's such a pretty color, very intense and the 'anime' look is so eye-catching. There is a big enlargement effect and I did notice slight red corners in my field of vision while I was indoors, likely due to the pupil hole being just a tad smaller than on average circle lenses. It's nothing that really hinders or bother me in any way though.

My natural eye color is a grayish blue and the color coverage is just right! It is obviously red, even when viewed from a distance but it looks lively and youthful due to the previously mentioned "teary eye" effect, which I adore. Vassen Sweet Bliss (or Cloud Nine) is such a cute lens series!

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a July noon with a semi-clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Facing the window, not sun side.
Indoors, in a corridor with only poor distant natural light.
Outdoors, back against sun. Facing wall.
Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun directly.
I can't grade comfort fairly, as the lenses had expired by the time I did this review, but based on my first impressions during the short time I wore them I can say that they felt very comfortable and they were thin. So thin in fact that the lenses were a bit floppy on my fingers and thus a bit hard to insert lol. I have very dry eyes naturally but I did not experience any discomfort whatsoever, although I would still not recommend wearing expired lenses for any event. I only wore these for the time it took to snap the photos and then I immediately discarded them for safety reasons, approximately 15 minutes.

So if I hadn't gushed enough already I will say it once more – these lenses are a great choice for cosplayers! Like really, no doubt. Of course personal preference is still a thing but if you are looking for a cartoon style lens with great color intensity, adorable design and that doesn't look creepy then this is where it's at! A stellar choice for cosplay (duh!), j-fashion and why not goths? Rock these babies!

Distance photo!


Want to see Sweet Bliss lenses in other colors?
Check these out: Gray, Brown, Green, Pink, Violet, Blue
 
Short summary:

Color: 9/10
Amazing and intriguing medium red shade that is sure to be pickep up.
Very bold!
Design: 9/10 

Super cute "teary eye" style lens that looks very much like Japanese cartoons.
Opacity: 8/10 
Great coverage, my eyes are obviously red. Real eye color does show through due to the design but that's really not an issue in this case, in fact it's a good thing as it dampens the "crazy lens" effect.
Enlargement: 8/10
Definitely big and with a notable dolly eye effect.
Comfort: 7/10 
Thin and invisible to wear. A bit floppy in handling. Red corners in vision in poor light conditions. Estimated 4-5 hours of wear on dry, sensitive eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
If you are getting cartoony red lenses hoping they'd be natural I don't know what to tell you? Naturalness is kinda not the point with these even if they avoid looking freaky.

Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!