August 23, 2018

Lens review: ColourVue Phantasee Yellow Galaxy

Eyy folks!

I'm gonna try to pick up the pace as I am so behind with these reviews. ^^" Today I'll show you guys the ColourVue Phantasee Yellow Galaxy lenses, another pair from the Phantasee series! It's a swirly black and yellow lens that has quite the cool color outcome.




Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.0 mm
Water content: 45% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)




As the name implies the Phantasee lenses seem to aim for a fantasy feeling with their bold and unique designs. These particular lenses sport a medium dark yellow mixed with a lighter black in a stylized yellow swirly effect – I guess it's supposed to vaguely imitate a spinning galaxy but however you choose to interpret these lenses it's a pretty cool design.

One lens in.
Despite the slight hints of transparency (especially for being more of a crazy lens type) the color didn't go anywhere once I put them on! It looks really awesome, eye-catching. The color's not super bright nor insane looking but it's definitely yellow and it's gonna turn faces. I like the balance these have with being cartoony and extra yet somehow still managing a not-too-out-there feel. Also, the enlargement effect is really small so these won't make or break anything.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by yours truly during an August afternoon with a semi-cloudy sky. All close-up photos are free from color filters and such and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Natural indoors room light.
Yellow indoors room light.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Facing window. (not sun side)
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing the wall)
Facing the sun while being under a harsh shadow.
Facing the sun, cloudy.
Facing the sun.
Comfort seems fine. I don't particularly feel them in my eyes and I noticed no massive blurring or colored corners either. They are definitely wearable and actually feel really thin! I have naturally super dry eyes and so I generally can't wear contact lenses for long, but my estimate is that these I could wear for something around 3-4 hours, perhaps 5 hours on good days.

When viewed from a slight distance the colors appears a fifty-fifty mix – it's like you can definitely tell that there's something fabulous going on with my eyes and they look really funky but it's not overwhelmingly black nor yellow only, although the color goes more to the black side the farther away the viewer is. It appears a dark color overall but once you get closer the swirly effect and the yellow parts become really clear!

I think it's a super cool lens for any kind of fantasy creatures (wizards and alien races come to mind first) and the ColourVue Phantasee Yellow Galaxies would also be one hell of an addition to alternative fashion styles like punk, goth, scene, oshare kei and so on. ^^ I'd say it's quite versatile and would be a fun lens to experiment with, shame it seems they're a bit hard to source.

Distance photo ~


Short summary:

Color: 8/10 
Fancy modest yellow and black mix that go well together.
Design: 8/10 
Stylized funky and swirly galaxy-ish print. It's pretty cool!
Opacity: 9/10
Really good coverage.
Enlargement: 2/10 
Nah, not really a big size difference.
Comfort: 7/10 
Thin and pleasant. Estimated wearing time about 3-4 hours on my dry-ass eyes. :D
Naturalness: 2/10 
Unless the viewer is so far away they look almost black then no, haha.

Thanks for reading yo. More crazy lens reviews soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!