August 25, 2018

Lens review: ColourVue Crazy Lens Kronos

Hello readers!

I have an extraordinary contact lens review in store for today and I mean it, I think these lenses are among the coolest I've ever had! 8D I'm not lying when I say that these literally makes my eyes look silver and it's AH-MAZING. Yes, I'm talking about the ColourVue Crazy Lens Kronos and today you'll see just how fascinating these lenses are! Let's go!




Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.0 mm
Water content: 45% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)








I bought these super long ago and I remember being both super excited and sceptical about them. I was indeed hoping for them to be silvery but I had my doubts in how exactly it would work; I couldn't find a single review for them either so I ultimately decided on a "screw it let's do it" moment and decided to take the opportunity. Glad I did as these are really something!

I had a hard time trying to get these lenses to photograph properly as in real life they look a bit different and the glittery/reflecting effect is much easier to see. This review will have a bit more photos than usual because of that and because of their specialty.

This is what I initially assumed was the right side...
... and this the wrong side, because of the silver stained rim.
Comparison of both sides together.
I need to mention that I had trouble trying to figure out which side of the lens was the right side, hence the photos above. The print is identical on both sides, except for the black rim which is solid on one side and has silvery edges on the other side. My prior experience immediately told me that the solid rim side would be the right side but as I peered closer I noticed that it had the "wrong side curvature" when I held it up, slight but it was there. I was confused as to me the side with the black rim looked obviously like the right side and so I had to proof myself multiple times to make sure that I was wrong, lol. The difference in curve is small but it does seem like the "wrong side" in fact is the right side. Funny. I might still be wrong but I'm like 80% sure this is the case as I've been holding up both lenses next to each other and comparing their shape for like 15 minutes... 

One lens in.
These don't deliver much in terms of enlargement but holy fuck the color!! IT IS UNDOUBTEDLY SILVER. I was kinda fearing that it would just make my eyes look like my real eye color does but just glittery as hell (which would have been cool in its own way) but what I got was over and beyond my expectations! These lenses, my friend, are super bright and bold and so reflective that your eyes quite literally light up even in the shittiest light conditions. They seem to reflect light and they do so with such efficiency that it's crazy! Like holy shit I just can't believe how awesome these are!

I am thinking that the lightness of my natural eye color might add to how pale these look on me, but I'm confident in that these would do their job even on darker eyes as the glitter seems really strong. I'm not sure if I should call it glittery but it does look sparkly when the light hits it (most notable on the vial photos) and, while worn, they suddenly look a lot more covering than what one might expect as they do, in fact, look quite transparent in their vials. It's like as soon as you put them on you're floored by the intensity because you didn't expect that kind of vibrancy!

The comfort is generally fine, I experienced a couple dry bouts and my vision is slightly blurred at the corners. I don't really feel them much while wearing so that's always a plus. The first signs of dryness showed up around the 2,5 hour mark, which is pretty average to me and my ultra-dry eyes. I suspect though that I could wear these anywhere between 2-4 hours, possibly 5. Please note though that my eyes are indeed really dry and sensitive so yeah, anything past 3 hours is good in my standards and would probably be equal to about 6 hours for someone with "normal" eyes, heh.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by yours truly during an August afternoon with a semi-cloudy sky. All close-up photos are free from color filters and such and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural indoors room light.
Yellow indoors room light.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Poor (natural) indoors room light.
Unlit corridor. (only distant natural light)
Facing window. (shadow side)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while it's cloudy.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
I feel like my camera fails me before the lenses do as even in the crappiest lights they lit up with the power of black magic or something I'm not even sure how they can manage to stay so reflective even when I'm facing a dead-end unlit corridor with no windows nearby. xD These keep on impressing!

It's a lens that's ultra visible at all times and there's no way that a passerby would not notice your eyes as these are quite literally radiating, lmao. The naturalness goes out of the window but hell, they even have crazy lens in the name so what did you expect? But at the same time I don't feel like they're mega crazy as somehow, especially from a distance, they just look like what I'd imagine fantasy silver eyes to look like...?

I'm probably gushing and raving about these a lot but fuuuuuuuuck, they are so rad that I'm just blown away every time I try them on. It's like the wow-factor doesn't go away and I tell you, few lenses have ever had this much of an impact on me, if any. These lenses are out of this world, something everyone who likes to try something new should try! I'd argue these are one of the coolest lenses on the market, no lie.
I'd recommend the Kronos lenses for costume enthusiasts, fantasy and sci-fi roleplay, bolder fashion styles and basically anyone who is enthralled by the thought of beaming silver eyes. I feel like an elf or something as soon as I put these on and it makes my imagination run wild as I instantly start to think of all the costume possibilities I could do with lenses like this! I shouldn't even need to convince anyone to get the Kronos lenses as I feel like they sell themselves to anyone who's tingling for a fantasy flare.

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 10/10 
If I could give a higher grade, I would. It's motherfucking SILVER and it's unbelievably good!
Design: 10/10 
Hell yes to ultra reflective metallic eyes, what more can I say?
Opacity: 9/10
I was initially expecting some kind of transparency but nope, these ain't having none of that.
Enlargement: 2/10 
Really small, but the black limbal ring provides some kind of illusion of bigger eyes.
Comfort: 6/10 
Generally pleasant but I experience dry bouts on and off and the corners of my vision are blurred.
Naturalness: 2/10 
Silver eyes are not natural but when viewed from a long enough distance they look passable, once we think about an alternative world...

I hope you enjoyed this review and do leave a comment if these lenses inspire you too!
Shiro Samurai is out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your reviews. It's really helpful, as the sites selling them are not very informative.

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!