August 29, 2018

Lens review: ColourVue Phantasee Lost Galaxy

Hiya fellas!

I'm pretty stoked to bring this lens review to you as these lenses are really awesome! It's not your ordinary cosmetic colored contact lens because these actually, much like their name implies, makes your peepers look like you are from a different galaxy – it's the ColourVue Phantasee Lost Galaxy!




Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.0 mm
Water content: 45% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



When I bought these I had no idea I'd be so enchanted by these lenses, haha. It's a really cool futuristic-ish design with red patterns swirling near the center, accompanied by a light burst effect that's white at the center and gradually turns yellow. My immediate thought screams alien eyes but these could be so much more. It's a really funky design with a color that pops from miles ahead and it's sure to turn eyes your way.

One lens in.
Holy shit, the color! I find it really awesome as it's so bright and the rad level is off the charts! This is the kind of lens that when you put them on it comes with a free attitude boost, lmao. I don't even know what to say, it's so fabulous it makes me speechless – it's one hell of a costuming lens, that's for sure.
As with pretty much all crazy lenses these don't come with any notable size enlargement, which is a good thing in my opinion as I don't want my fantasy eyes to look all moe moe kyun kyun. 

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during an August afternoon with a semi-cloudy sky. All close-up photos are free from color filters and such and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light.
Yellow room light.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Unlit corridor.
Facing window. (backyard, shadow side)
Outdoors, back against sun.
Outdoors, facing sun while under a harsh shadow.
Outdoors, facing sun.
Comfort is all fine and dandy. No major issues and easy to wear. My vision might be slightly obstructed by the corners in poorer lights but that's to be expected with opaque lenses that sport a small-ish pupil hole, crazy lenses in particular. I don't feel them in my eyes and they are thin and pleasant, no stinginess or shit like that. I'd estimate wearing time around 3-5 hours on my monster dry eyes, which is better than average and would probably equal about 5-8 hours for someone with "normal" eyes.
If there's any drawback worth mentioning it's that these are incredibly thin and thus hard to handle as the lenses kept folding themselves up when I tried to put them on. They don't keep their shape well so it's a battle to get them into your eyes as they tend to just flop on the finger, lol.

This is one of the coolest and most badass crazy lenses I've tried to this point and I'm glad I splurged on these. The Lost Galaxy lenses would be an amazing addition to sci-fi and any kind of alien race costumes and other fantasy beings like werewolves, wizards, sirens, dragons and anything else that you can think of. There's a lot of potential to be had with such a funky and extraordinary lens like this! I could also see these used for cosplaying characters with yellow-orange eyes and even for Star Wars Sith lords in a pinch. Heck, there's so many choices and that's without counting all the j-fashion and alternative fashion styles you could spice up with bright space peepers. The opportunities are endless as long as you have imagination! Any kind of visual, bold or vibrant style could benefit from a pair of Lost Galaxy lenses so yeah, instead of me bumbling on about these I'd recommend you go get yourself a pair of your own!

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 10/10 
Hell yes, epic galaxy themed yellow-red lens that looks a bit orange from a distance.
Design: 10/10 
The design level reaches the top grades of coolness. This is a fascinating space inspired lens!
Opacity: 10/10
Perfect coverage which also retains the brightness of even the palest colors.
Enlargement: 2/10 
Really small, which is the best for crazy lenses in my opinion.
Comfort: 7/10 
Extremely thin (floppy to handle though) and generally pleasant. Estimated wearing time about 3-5 hours on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 1/10 
Space being eyes ain't natural, yo.

Thanks for reading, whoever you are. I hope you found this review interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!