June 1, 2017

Lens review: Angelic Eye Princess Green

Hello folks!

I'm continuing with the circle lens reviews because yeah, I have quite a lot of lenses that expire in a near future so I really need to open and review some pairs before it's too late! Today I will be reviewing the Angelic Eye Princess Green, which, as far as I've seen, can only be bought at HoneyColor. Perhaps it is an exclusive brand to them, I don't know. ^^"

Let's get to the review, shall we?



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


My first impression of these lenses was that they appear really big and kinda moe-like. I'm not really a big fan of super huge lenses, to be honest, but in some cases they look great; I bought these mainly because there's really few reviews of the Angelic Eye brand lenses out there and I want to help the community – I also bought these some years back when they were on sale, so why not? :)

I don't have so much to say about the design itself, it's rather basic and doesn't stand out much – except for the sheer size, of course. The yellow center is supposed to make the lenses blend better into your eyes but yeah, seeing how I'm a light-eyed individual the transition from lens to eye doesn't look as natural as it would look on someone with dark eyes, I suppose. It's funny because the brown lens from the same series actually blended better into my eyes, lol.

One lens in.
I was expecting these to be more covering in terms of color than they actually were. The color is a lil' bit translucent and not the shade of green that I was hoping for – a small disappointment. It's not a bad or ugly color by any means but I was crossing my fingers for that bright and cheery grass green type of shade and this is not it – it's more like a forest or emerald green, I dunno? It's still a pretty color but it seems like, at least for me, that as soon as someone watches me from a distance then the big pupil hole, showing much of my real eye color, is more noticable than the green of the lens itself (the green is only at the very edges) if that makes sense. Because yeah, a lot of your natural eye color will show through in the center and most times this doesn't look super-mega-good on light-eyed individuals; the reason it is like this is probably because circle lenses are mainly marketed for Asian women (dark eyes) and because dark brown is closer to black (pupil) the change between real iris and lens color doesn't "clash" as badly. Oh man, that explanation felt really clumsy and messy, I hope you understood what I tried to get to. ^^"

Regarding the enlargement effect I don't think that I need to say much I mean come on, these are obviously big! But I must admit that I thought they would look even bigger than they do on my eyes but nope, I didn't end up looking like a scary doll so it's all fine, haha! Of course the size increase will look different depending on your eye shape but yeah, generally I'd say that these will get you the dolly eye effect, if that's what you're looking for. 

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during an afternoon with a semi-clear sky.
All close-up photos are free from color filters etc and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Facing window. (not sun side)
White light in the corridor.
Yellow light in the staircase.
Indoors storage room. Natural light (that the camera turned blue).
Outdoors, facing the sun while being in the shadow.
Outdoors, back against sun.
Outdoors, facing sun while it's hidden by thin clouds.
Outdoors, facing sun.
When it comes to comfort I can say that I have naturally really dry eyes and also somewhat sensitive so yeah, keep that in mind when I grade comfort on any pair of lenses. These lenses were comfortable almost as soon as I put them in, unlike their brown counterpart, and I could wear them for approximately 3 hours before I felt that the lenses were drying. At first I felt them slightly in my eyes (possibly because of the size) but my eyes got used to them in maybe half a minute or so and then I didn't really feel them anymore! I played video games for about 50 minutes with the lenses on and I had no problems – normally staring at a bright screen is uncomfortable with lenses on, or at least it makes the lenses dry faster.

Distance photos!



Interested in these same lenses but in other colors?
Check out my other reviews here: Brown, Blue, Gray
 
Short summary:

Color: 6/10
I was hoping for a vivid grass green but got a "typical circle lens green" instead, aka a forest/emerald green lens. It's still a pretty color but because of the big pupil hole a lot of the color's impact is lost. :|
Design: 6/10
Nothing fancy and eye-catching. A quite ordinary design that I've come to expect from circle lenses. It's not a bad thing in itself but it's just, err, basic.
Opacity: 6/10
Color coverage is decent wherever the green color is printed. My real iris does shine through and create a halo effect in some lights.
Enlargement: 7/10
Definitely big and good for dolly eye looks. Not as huge as I thought they would be on my eyes.
Comfort: 6/10
Overall comfortable. I don't really feel them in my eyes and can wear these for around 3 hours before they start to feel dry.
Naturalness: 3/10
The shade of green is not exactly natural and neither is the size, but the design does remind you of a real iris... *shrugs*

Thanks for reading! I hope you found this review useful. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!