February 8, 2021

Lens review: Angelic Eye Princess Gray

Hello!

It's-a-me and we're back with another circle lens review, this time the Angelic Eye Princess Gray. Yes, it's one of those big lenses again. I want to mention that I bought these ages ago on HoneyColor and I can't find them anymore so yeah, apparently they've been discontinued...?

Oh well, I will still review them~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)
 

Okay so, umm, this is one of those lenses that have a rather generic design. It doesn't really stand out in the crowd but that doesn't mean that it's poor or underwhelming in any way. I'm not usually fond of gray lenses, to be honest, but I gotta admit I actually like how these look they go really well with my naturally gray-blue eyes! The color is a bit like a light slate gray in shade. There is a slight blue hue to it and, in my opinion, it's a "cold gray".
 
One lens in.
 
The design is trying to mimic a real iris in a high definition, semi-natural way. There's a black limbal ring that has a decent size and the inner edges of the lens have these yellowish brown speckles to help aid with the blending into your real eyes. It's not the smoothest transition ever but it works.
The size is definitely bigger than average but it doesn't scream dolly deluxe either as the design is rather, ehh, toned down? I don't know how to explain but I feel like doesn't have to be a dolly lens if you don't want it to. I feel like the lenses look bigger in their vials than when you actually wear them lol.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a February noon with a cloudy sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.
 
Indoors, natural room light.

Indoors, yellow room light.

Bathroom light.

Flash photo.

Indoors, facing a window. (not sun side)

Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing the wall)

Outdoors, facing the direction of the sun while under a shadow.

Outdoors, facing the direction where the sun would have been.
 
Again a quick disclaimer that these lenses had expired by the time I wore them for the review. I found them in a cardboard box I had stashed away years ago and forgot all about. I discarded the lenses as soon as I got all photos taken, which means I only wore them for approximately 15 minutes and thus can't grade comfort fairly. What I can say though is that they appeared to be very comfortable, I did not feel them at all and they were thin and light to wear. Super rough guess but maybe I could wear them for 4-5 hours if they had been fresh. I have naturally very dry eyes.

I don't know what more to say, this was a decent lens and I am a bit disappointed to learn that they've completely disappeared from the site I bought them from. Angelic Eye was an interesting brand, would have been cool if they had stuck along for longer but oh well, no can do. The competition is fierce for  brands that aren't yet established in the market...

Distance photos below.
 


Interested in these same lenses but in other colors?
Check out my other reviews here: Brown, Green, Blue

Short summary:

Color: 7/10
Surprisingly nice light slate gray color. Works well with my natural eye color.
Design: 6/10
Quite ordinary but not in a bad way. It's rather versatile with that semi-natural iris design.
Opacity: 7/10
Coverage is good, I have no complaints.
Enlargement: 7/10
Bigger than average but not, like, insanely big.
Comfort: 7/10
I can't really grade comfort but they appeared to be very good. Super thin and I did not feel them at all.
Naturalness: 4/10
The color is passable but the size kinda blows it because it's too dramatic.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!