May 31, 2017

Lens review: Angelic Eye Princess Brown

Hello hello ~

It's time for a circle lens review! ^_^ I will be reviewing the Angelic Eye Princess Brown lenses today – it's a quite ordinary-looking lens with a generous size. I've only seen the Angelic Eye brand over at HoneyColor so yeah, Angelic Eye might be exclusive to their store... or something.

Roll out the review!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


So these lenses appear as some sort of orange-ish caramel brown in the vials and they give me the impression that the color won't be super opaque. 
The design itself is rather ordinary for what you might expect from a circle lens that isn't trying to be anything fancy – it's kind of mimicing a real iris, except just in a bigger scale. Speaking of which, these lenses stand out to me in their vials as being really big in the size department but, surprisingly, once on my eyes they are not as huge as I thought they would be. I mean, of course they are big and will provide a notable enlargement effect but for some reason I was expecting even more of a dolly look. Oh well, I don't really complain either way because I'm not a huge fan of overly big circle lenses on most days.

One lens in.
The brown color shows up nicely and looks quite pleasant on my eyes; nothing too intense and the yellow inner ring of the lenses actually go quite well into my light blue-gray eyes, making the transition from lens to eye not "clash" badly. I keep being surprised by how softly some brown lenses blend into my totally-not-brown eyes – I mean really, it's not uncommon that a brown lens from the same series will go better with my real eye color than for example a green lens...

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a May afternoon with a semi-clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Facing window. (not sun side)
White light in the corridor.
Yellow light in the staircase.
Indoors storage room. Natural light (that turned blue on the camera).
Outdoors, back against the sun.
Outdoors, facing the sun while being under the building's shadow.
Outdoors, facing sun.
The first time I tried these lenses they felt uncomfortable after insertion. I could clearly feel them in my eyes when I moved my gaze around – they felt thick and a tiny bit scratchy. It was the whole "piece of plastic in my eye" feeling, cranked up to eleven. My eyes eventually got used to them but it took some minutes and those minutes weren't enjoyable.
The second time I tried these they were still uncomfortable to put on. It takes about 15 minutes before I slowly get used to them and meanwhile they feel thick and itchy. I also got a sudden headache after the 15 minutes and it's quite obviously linked to my vision so yeah, not impressed. :/ Please note though that I have sensitive and dry eyes.
I'm suspecting though that the headache, because it was on my left eye, could be because my left eye is my weaker eye (-0,50 compared to -0,25 on right) and since I'm wearing plano lenses that could be why. I rarely buy prescription lenses because my prescription is seldom available since it's so small...

The funny part is that once I didn't feel them anymore they were actually really comfortable! I easily wore these lenses for 2 hours and I suspect that I could have worn them at least for 3 hours, had I not taken them off because I needed to go to town for some errands. I was only wearing one lens since I took off the other one that triggered the headache. 

Distance photo!


Interested in these same lenses but in other colors?
Check out my other reviews here: Green, Blue, Gray

Short summary:

Color: 7/10
A soft and pleasant medium light brown. Appears like a toffee type of shade on my eyes.
Design: 6/10
Quite ordinary design, nothing fancy nor unique. Seems to mimic a real iris, except bolder and bigger.
Opacity: 7/10
Decent color coverage on the colored parts of the lens. Very very slightly translucent, potentially creating a halo effect.
Enlargement: 7/10
Definitely big, but not as big as I initially feared thought they would be.
Comfort: 4/10
Mixed comfort. Feel really thick and somewhat itchy upon insertion and it takes about 15 minutes for my eyes to get somewhat used to these, but after that they are really comfortable. I could easily wear these for 2 hours after I got past the uncomfortable start.
Naturalness: 4/10
Too big to pass for real eyes but otherwise not too obviously fake.

Thanks a ton for reading! I hope you enjoyed this review. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!