June 22, 2013

Skecon 2013 smells like samurai - Cosplay plans!

With Desucon behind me I'm now pointing my con radar towards what's next up in the horizon and that's Skecon; the small con at Skellefteå is returning this year, a bit more summery than last time! *coughnovembercough* Placed on 5-7 July this year Skecon will be the first anime convention to kick off my con-crammed July month and god I'm looking forward to this con summer peak, the hype is flowing over like magma of molten cupcakes and sparkles!

But no anime con is as awesome if you're not donned up in a cosplay -or so I think- so here comes my cosplay plans, samurai style!

Friday

Character: Toshizo Hijikata
Series: Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan


It just couldn't possibly be the same derpily derptastic Skecon experience for me without the return of Herpkata Hijikata because last year's Hakuouki group together with Sairu-chan as Chizuhurr Chizuru and Jäätynyt Enkeli as Oppa Sannan Style Sannan was of such a legendary caliber that it must be re-experienced in all its glory! No objections!

Saturday

Character: Souji Okita
Series: Bakumatsu Renka Shinsengumi


Yes, a new cosplay and yes, I'm a hopeless shinsengumi nut. xD
I just need to make that armor and he'll be clear pancake for debut! Now to just start working dammit.. Sairu-chan will accompany me as Suzuka Sakuraba from the same series, yay!

Sunday

Character: Kenshin Himura (Hitokiri Battousai)
Series: Rurouni Kenshin


And the weekend will be rounded up with Battousai Kenshin! I will be doing a pair cosplay with Sairu-chan as Tomoe. It will be interesting to see how long I can keep the manslayer-shouldn't-smile-face on when the company has a derp level of over ninethousand.. and it's contagious to boot. Wish me luck. xD 
It's a comfortable cosplay to wear and shouldn't be much of a problem at the bus trip home either (yes, I will very likely sit 4 hours in a bus in cosplay) because the kimono and hakama aren't vintage kimono items like I often use, which means I don't have to worry so much of dirt and stuff. The most notable thing that could possibly lead to some very interesting looks and conversations though is the fact that I'll be scarface. Hope I won't need to do any explaining to the bus driver..

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! This is going to be so great. Can't wait! ^^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you the best of luck with your con-crammed month of July, dude! It won't be long now. ^o^ I'm really stoked to see this Souji Okita cosplay you are going to make! :D Good luck keeping your "manslayer-shouldn't-smile-face" on when cosplaying the Battousai. XDD (which I just totally failed at while cosplaying Saitou last weekend lololo~)

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!